1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Survival League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Aug 30, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm trying to hold both Chicago and Indy, and Carolina at home to Cleveland looks damn tempting.

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i'm amazed that i'm still alive

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

So does the Cardinals playing host to Kansas City with Leinert making his first start.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Every time I try to "save" a team I end up losing... I've already burned Indy, Philly, New England and Miami and I'm going with the Bears at home this week...

There's no question that if you still have the Colts left, that's the safest game this week...

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don't save teams and I don't pick road teams. I already burned Indy, so I think that Carolina is the play for me.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

For those who are curious about the breakdown among us this week ...

7 -- Carolina vs. Cleveland
    3 -- New England vs. Miami
    3 -- Chicago vs. Buffalo
    2 -- Indianapolis vs. Tennessee

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i picked da bears.

EDIT: looks like i survived another week. damn. the bills must be gawdawful

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I picked the Patriots, with the thought that Daunte Culpepper would be no match/give the game away. But Harrington has been all right in his place so far today, enough to make me worry some right now.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Another step closer to claiming 1/15th of the championship. And somehow I inspire the Titans to give effort whenever I go against them.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, at least we're consistently good. And looking ahead to next week, we all have some pretty good options there, too.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is the longest I've lasted in one of these for several years...

I'd say the Broncos look like the obvious pick this week...

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I have a bad feeling about this week. Too many games that seem too good. Oakland at Denver... Tennessee at Washington... Houston at Dallas... Cincy at Tampa...

Too many good or decent teams playing bad teams. And let's face it -- these bad teams aren't all going to go winless -- they're going to beat somebody sometime. And I've just got a bad feeling this may be the week for any number of the four underdogs I listed (Oak, Ten, Hou, Tampa).

I think I'm leaning toward Washington, for what that's worth. But then again, Denver looks pretty good. Their defense has been unbelievable, and Oakland sucks pretty dang bad... I have no idea...

Draft saved Draft deleted