1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Survival League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Aug 30, 2006.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Amazing how close we came to losing everyone this week, and wound up losing no one. (Assuming Atlanta wins).

2. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

My strategy: Whoever the best team is that's facing either Houston, Tennessee, Buffalo, Oakland, or the Packers.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Actually, we lost Slappy, who picked the Bills.

As for strategy, sticking with a home team is what led me to the Dolphins as opposed to the Redskins or Eagles, who breezed through Houston and San Francisco. Not sure who to take this week. Just thankful I survived to this week.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, I turned out to be right about Kansas City.

Now it's time to root my ass off for the Packers, or we won't lose anyone this week.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Dead. to. me.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

GO, PACK, GO!

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is anyone who hasn't burned them already NOT taking the Colts against Tennessee in Week 5?

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm not wasting the Colts on Tennessee. I'll save them for when I need them.

9. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Would any of the other 30 people who picked the Iggles along with me have changed your pick had you known Westbrook wouldn't play?

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yes, and I would have easily conceded in my fantasy race of which I will no longer be the only undefeated team in the league.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yes, to the Chiefs or Cowboys. But it looks like I survived that with whoever else did the same. Perfect week this week by SportsJournalists.com.

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

So who you going with this week? I'm taking Chicago at home against Buffalo. Looked at the Bears' schedule and they've not got any games that seem like such sure-fire gimmes for quite some time. Of course, having said that, I'd now place large sums of money on the Bills to win this game.

Draft saved Draft deleted