1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Summer Romance Series

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jun 20, 2008.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I have XM radio on my DirecTV system and this morning just happened to stumble upon this song on the '40s channel. Immediately knew I had to find the lyrics and post 'em on a Poin thread.

The song was a duet. The first verse is sung by Bing Crosby, the second by Connee Boswell.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

"I became involved with a student and the relationship became sexual in nature and I performed oral sex on him," Laughlin said to Lake County Common Pleas Court Judge Paul Mitrovich.

The sex acts took place in May and June, she said.

Laughlin, of Willowick, taught math at Shore Junior High when she was arrested in June. This was Laughlin's first teaching assignment. The Dayton-area native graduated magna cum laude from Heidelberg College in 2007, according to the school's Web site. She was named student teacher of the year at Heidelberg, school officials said.

Laughlin had no prior criminal record, and background checks during the hiring process came back clean, officials said.

Laughlin resigned from Shore on June 6, before the police investigation began. She had planned to move to Michigan -- where her fiance lives -- and get married this summer, officials said.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The great state of North Carolina checking in:

[​IMG]

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/local/content/news/stories/2008/08/12/teacher.html

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. poindexter

[​IMG]

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I was about to say, I'd go broc!

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I dunno what's creepier: Poin posting 'em or TSP updating 'em.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's not just for teachers anymore. Suburban Cleveland Pool attendant puts her own spin on the genre:

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2008/08/mayors_relative_fired_after_co.html#more

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

hey poi-oinnnnnn ...

Pa. ex-teacher gets prison for sex with student
    By JOE MANDAK
    Associated Press Writer

PITTSBURGH (AP) _ A former gym teacher who had sex with a 14-year-old student and sent him erotic cell phone messages was sentenced Wednesday to up to three years in prison, in part because she called the boy after she was charged.

The boy's family had been willing to settle for a sentence less than prison until they found out Beth Ann Chester had contacted him, prosecutor Laura Ditka told the judge.

Chester, 27, was led away in handcuffs after apologizing and pleading guilty to statutory sexual assault, corruption of a minor and criminal use of a cell phone.

"I know this is the punishment I deserve," she said of the 1½- to 3-year prison sentence she received.

The boy was a freshman when Chester met him last fall at Moon Area High School. The ninth-grade teacher and volleyball coach resigned unexpectedly in December citing "personal reasons." She was arrested in early January after she confessed to having sex with the boy, including once in a school parking lot.

"We were obviously hoping for something less than jail, but there was undeniably an episode of contact there. She called him on the phone," defense attorney Robert DelGreco Jr. told The Associated Press. "The condition of her bond was there to be absolutely no contact with the boy."

DelGreco didn't excuse Chester's behavior, but sought to explain it by noting that her marriage was troubled when she met the boy. That caused her to become closer to her students than she should have been, DelGreco said.

"She treated them more as her classmates than a teacher-student relationship," DelGreco said.

Chester's divorce is pending.

Authorities said the boy and Chester began exchanging text messages in October after she got his cell phone number from a member of her volleyball squad. The boy told police he fell in love with Chester as their text messages and other contacts became more frequent. The two also exchanged nude pictures of each other.

The boy's parents found some text messages Chester sent the boy in December and confronted her. They agreed not to press charges if she resigned.

After Chester resigned, another teacher told the school's principal about the her relationship with the teen. School officials referred the matter to police.

[​IMG]

9. poindexter

Eh, we had that one in a seperate thread, I remember the Chester the Molester thread title.

Good job attaching the pic, though.

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2008/08/20/paulding_teacher_sex.html

A former teacher at a Powder Springs Christian school has been charged with having sex with a 14-year-old boy, Paulding County authorities said Wednesday.

Holly Michelle Barnes, 24, was charged Tuesday night with two counts of statutory rape and two counts of child molestation, said Cpl. Brandon Gurley, a spokesman for the county sheriff’s office.

[​IMG]

11. poindexter

Texas teacher gettin' paid for what she does best.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=522349

42-year-old Flint teacher with 12-year-old boy
    [​IMG]

http://www.weyi.com/news/photos.aspx?id=177140

12. poindexter

Meet Autumn Leathers, arrested for nailing one of her students
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://your4state.com/content/fulltext/?cid=26991