1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Style Guide!!! (running thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

There, finished it for you. :D

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fucktard is a beautiful word. So is cockamamey.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

When's Junction Boys on Again?: Standard rejoinder for any ESPN thread, or any nonsensical thread.

Ass-to-Mouth: This should be self-explanatory, fuckers.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I just wanna race, daddy!: SJ's favorite line from ESPN's "3."

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Just for you, Zeke:

WOCKA WOCKA WOCKA!!!!: Used as an example of the never-ending depth of Disturbed's catalogue, particularly during a debate over Pearl Jam's worthiness.
    softer than Spnited's _____________" Mocking Spnited for saying Joe Mauer is the softest .380-odd hitter in baseball history.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Which, I presume, is a lot more than most of us can say.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Beej, wasn't that a debate over Nirvana's worthiness?

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Tennis mom
    SoSH
    Welcome, Knickfan
    Me llamo Brady Anderson

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You're Grounded: Despite not actually being a moderator, Rosie is the only known SportsJournalists.com poster with grounding powers. Fuck with her at your own peril.

Fun with the Quote Function: Used to describe the practice of changing another poster's words when quoting them to make them appear even more silly than they already are. The SportsJournalists.com equivalent of insider sniping, like other standup comedians mocking Carrot Top for being a lousy prop comic.

Buck Loves Pastrami: He finds it to be the most sensual of the salted, cured meats, and we oblige him.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit, you're right. But it descended into someone saying Pearl Jam sucked but Disturbed was great.

Best part was hearing how important disturbed is because they write songs about child abuse. Cause, you know, Pearl Jam NEVER did that.

Also:

Beej: Nickname bestowed upon me by Dooley. Also known as Dools or The Great Post-Padder.  :D

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Ass-scented candles--created (by Buck?) to wipe out the stink of cucumber-melon candles, used mainly in hotel rooms or wherever Moddy's birks leave an aroma all their own.

12. Varla

Varla Member

ESPN's Dave Aldridge is reporting you forgot his entry.

Draft saved Draft deleted