1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Style Guide!!! (running thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Pictures, this thread is useless without: Used when a thread refers to a woman, hot or not, but does so without posting masturbatory material for the SportsJournalists.com members who aren't getting laid. (Note: Often said in jest.)

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Big Bowl of DicksAs in, go eat a big bowl of dicks. I believe it was Big Dog that said it first.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Old, Old Board--The Sportspages Forum, small and dimly-lit, until Wally Matthews posted his famous rant there....and suddenly everyone in the business was on the board....many posting under their own names. There was no registration, anyone could post under any name, and there was little to no moderating.

The old board was shut down for less than, or perhaps more than, this.

Old Board--After Rich Johnson sent his Sportspages Forum to internet heaven/hell, depending on who you were, the Great Webby resurrected it as SportsJournalists.com.....still without moderation or registration.  Yeehah!

So that didn't work either.

The board went dark again for several months, over the summer of 2002. But again, this was before PMs and registration, so no one knew anyone....impossible to stay in touch or reconnect elsewhere.

Then...genesis. In the beginning, there was an email, and a new site, with Private Messaging, and actual screen names, and a Moddy....and it was good.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I kinda miss the old, old board.

This place is like high tea at the Empress Hotel in comparison.

It was the Wild West.

5. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

This thread is so our Wikipedia.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Well, if there ever is another Wikipedia entry, I got dibs on writing it, with full approval from the membership.

7. Jesus Wept:

The final abandonment of an argument.

Fredo:
    (Occasionally) The incumbent president of the United States.

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Jesus Wept - Fenian's version of Nolo Contendre.

9. Actually, it's my version of "O, Christ will they ever get Boom's dosage right?"
    Anyway, here's another:

Well-played, sir/madam:
    A term of praise for a particularly deft remark, particularly if it involves an arcane reference to something only all of we pathetic souls remember.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

And with that, the political arguments taint another thread. And as I'm writing this, Fenian Streisand proves my point! Nice going, FS!

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Rachel Lenzi...uh, that's all I know about the chick. Enlighten me, folks.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

No. Move on, nothing to see. Really.

Draft saved Draft deleted