1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Style Guide!!! (running thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Steak and BJ DaySportsJournalists.com's favorite holiday.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

jacknut
    fnord

3. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Haircut an SJ activity to combat extreme anger.

4. Varla

Varla Member

Hi Sandy!

5. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

Fuck JRC: Sole property of -BYH and WHA

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I was thinking here. I've been around this place for quite some time. I've seen a lot of shit go down and a lot of people come and go, some not of their own free will. But there are still references which I simply don't get. I don't know the story, somehow missed it all when it went down or whatever. Since this thread, as people describe where these sayings originated, is already going to contain a good bit of the history of this site, is there an issue with just making it sort of like the official SportsJournalists.com history thread?

Kind of a style/history thing?

I think it would be somewhat enjoyable, especially for the newer folk, to rehash some of the astounding shit that has gone on around here since the initial launch of this damn place.

Just a thought.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Well, that would open the gates for ...

doe-eyed Sabra: I'll let a veteran handle the definition, though.

8. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I don't want it to rekindle old feuds or anything. I would just a like a quick rehash of different events, particularly the ones that are still talked about a good deal around here. All the "he who shall not be named" incidents and the like.

If you were around for a good meltdown or a significant happening, post a quick recap of it. That's alls I'm saying.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I've been involved in bitter feuds with about 150 people around here at various times.
    I've stalked them electronically, and cranked called their homes.
    I'm still watching them, and they know it.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

500....5,000....??? 500 posts to become a junior member, 5,000 posts to become a full member. It is not known what it takes to become a senior member, or if Webby even has that as a possibility anymore. Going by the other milestones, the best guess is 50,000.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"she who shall not be named":

Chick used to post here, bragged about getting guy's/athletes "digits" (ie phone numbers). Really psycho and dramatic. Makes the current crop of chicks look like Little House on the Prairie wannabees.

She causes all kinds of problems for Mods. Bitches up a storm. Declaration came down that name was never to be mentioned, although when a certain day of the week (think beginning of the week) is mentioned, it's in reference to her. She had a big time tantrum one day, talking about someone trashing her place, lipstick on the smeared on the wall.

She was a real nut job. Oh, and her picture circulated around. She was a fat ugly pig.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Looser Became SportsJournalists.com's spelling of "loser," as per bandwagon_boy's spelling when he came on to take credit for a major board crash.

Draft saved Draft deleted