1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Secret Santa

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Received the package yesterday, picked it up and opened it today.

There's something really great about receiving a Secret Santa package from a soldier whose current posting is Afghanistan. Even more so when that package contains a couple of really awesome (and very likely, unobtainable in your corner store) t-shirts honoring the "Shadow Dustoff" (http://lucianread.photoshelter.com/gallery/G0000tG3buVzQmwc) 101st Airborne Regiment. There is a gray Army t-shirt as well.

Plus a typed letter apologizing for the lateness of the gift and the sizes of the t-shirts. three_bags_full: the shirt sizes are perfect, and this gift would have been great if it arrived in May. And the letter describing your Christmas and your experiences was an excellent touch.

Finally, an American flag, folded perfectly. According to the enclosed letter, it flew in Kandahar Province while Shadow Dustoff evacuated soldiers from two local districts.

What a great thing, taking the time to put together something so special and unique while you obviously have much better things to do, three_bags. Humbling. Just spectacular.

Thanks, three_bags_full.

2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

And we have a winner!

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Yeah, tbf usually does a good job with Secret Santa stuff :).

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Wow. I guess you didn't get a rock, huh, Piotr? :D

Thanks again, t_b_f. I might rig it next year so I get you. :D

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

IJAG ... to get presents from Santa, you have to be a good girl all year long!

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Or be a really good bad girl.

8. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Wow. That made the room dusty. Awesome job t_b_f!

And I doubt you could manage either IJAG.

Draft saved Draft deleted