1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Secret Santa, 2013 edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com Secret Santa, 2013 edition (PAIRINGS HAVE BEEN SENT)

Unless I missed it, my Secret Santa chose to remain anonymous. However, I sure do like my red U. of Louisville long-sleeved T. It is the awesome! Thanks, SS.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Plan A of Operation SS is in progress. Item (without candles) is on order, delivering to me for repackaging. Still on schedule for final delivery prior to Xmas.

Ho ho ho.

Plan B on female ass-scented candle is to get an unscented one and see if I can buy the candle a lap dance.

VB

3. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

People I have not heard of in regards to shipping (eliminating those whose giftees have received their gifts despite me not knowing they'd been shipped, so they're forgiven):

wicked
    IJAG (second half)
    copperpot
    Matt1735
    TheWritingWaffle
    Flip Wilson
    I Should Coco
    Vombatus
    JayFarrar
    Pilot
    mjp1542
    Buck
    doubledown68
    Smash Williams
    Gehrig
    Rosie

That's a long damn list for 10 days before Christmas, folks. If your name is on that list and you have shipped, please let me know when.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Shipped this morning. UPS guaranteed delivery by Dec. 19. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh?

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Shipping Monday.

6. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

Shipping some time this upcoming week.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Mine went in the mail Friday. They assure me that the combined forces of Canada Post and the US Postal Service will have it there by Christmas ... we shall see! :D

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I got mine in the mail a few days ago, but waited until I shipped mine before I opened it. That was tough.

Anywho, I opened it yesterday and boom! awesome Toledo Walleye t-shirt and Mudhens magnets. Many thanks to my sort-of Secret Santa!

9. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

Mine went in the mail on Friday, sent priority and should have left my little corner of the world that day. I'd hope my SS has it by Wednesday.

I opened mine last week as well, and it was amazing. An awesome regional cookbook, a LaCrosse Loggers cap (which is in my most favorite color green), and the best, snuggliest, oversized hoodie I've ever owned. I wore the heck out of it all week as I've been battling a cold, and it's amazing. Thank you so, so much SS!

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

And that exceptional handwriting did not belong to me, mind you.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Mine came in the mail today. Thanks Secret Santa for a totally awesome Florida Atlantic shirt and other assorted goodies and thoughtfulness!

My stuff is purchased and will be shipped today or tomorrow.

BTW, over the years Secret Santa shirt count: Florida Atlantic, Corvallis Knights, Steamboat Springs, Rutgers, Wisconsin-LaCrosse and a French soccer jersey.

In more Secret Santa awesomeness: I was my Secret Santa's Secret Santa last year (cat's out of the bag) and I'm shipping this year to someone who was a Secret Santa to me a couple, three years back.

12. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Santa Incognitus:
    Please be advised that my gift shipped this morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted