1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Secret Santa, 2013 edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com Secret Santa, 2013 edition (PAIRINGS HAVE BEEN SENT)

I don't trust myself to actually purchase, package and mail anything, so I give nearly all SportsJournalists.com members my respect and admiration. That excludes, of course, the handful of insufferable shitheads.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

CRAP! How did I miss this? I feel sad now.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I got this done today. Ordered something since what I wanted to get isn't available in this area. Had it shipped straight to recipient because I didn't want to risk missing Christmas in the time it took to get here and get there.

And they will love it. A whole lot. Or else.

4. Moderator1

Christmas, by the way, is three weeks from today.

5. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

A favor to ask: IF you PM me with a question for your giftee, PLEASE tell me who your giftee is. I've gotten six PMs so far this year, and all have just said "Can you ask my giftee if ...." or whatever. Which is fine, if I'm at home where my Excel sheet is.

I haven't put it in Google docs, so I don't have access to it if I'm not there. It's not that hard to say "Ask Moddy if ..." or whatever. Especially as we get closer to the holidays so time becomes more of a concern.

6. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Santa got her annual gift from a very very very kind benefactor. Love it, as always. :D

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Mine is on its way -- or will be Monday, hopefully.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Sent.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

FedEx says my giftee should receive it by 8 p.m. Thursday.

10. Moderator1

Mine gift that was going straight to the recipient showed up here today. Well, half of it did. The other half is coming later this week. So I will re-pack and re-ship and, we hope, get it where it needs to be by Christmas.

I will probably win the annual way cool gift award because this one is way cool.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I ordered one item to be sent directly to my giftee, because I've had problems with the "scheduled delivery date" from the same site in the past. The rest of it will be shipping from my area hopefully this Saturday.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where to buy ass-scented candles?

Or is that a Do It Yourself project?

I need a quick answer - I haven't shipped yet.

Draft saved Draft deleted