1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Secret Santa, 2013 edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Oct 31, 2013.

1. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Ho, Ho, Ho, Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Christmas (or whatever holiday you may or may not celebrate)!

It’s that time of year again, the ninth annual SportsJournalists.com Secret Santa Shenanigans! Once again, I'm basically just copying and pasting last year's post.

The rules are simple: Send a PM to this handle with your name OR handle (whatever you feel comfortable with packages being addressed to, but please not both) and address you want the gift shipped to. Please also include a list of gift ideas or things you're interested in. The gift range is $15-20. You may go over that if you wish, but expect nothing more than $20 in return. You could be surprised, but don’t spend $30 and then get pissed that you got something for $16. Them’s the rules.

Oh, and anyone who enters without EXPLICIT statements that they simply cannot afford to ship to another country is eligible to draw one of our foreign posters. And vice versa, for those of you above the border or overseas.

I will close entries at noon ET on Nov. 9. I will draw names that afternoon, and everyone will know who they are shopping for that night. That gives you more than six weeks to buy something and put it in the mail. If you don’t think you can do that, please do not sign up as it is not fair to the others who participate.

Things do arise, I know. If something comes up and you will not be able to get a gift in the mail, PLEASE let me know ASAP so I can offer up a second giftee to anyone who wants one, or start shopping myself.

It really is that easy.

For example, you send me a PM that says:

There you go. Please give specific ideas on movies, books or CDs so you don’t get something you already have, and ALWAYS include clothing sizes. And be warned, for those of you who have not participated before, the PM to your Santa will include a quoted version of your PM to me, and will include your handle. For instance:

So if you want something sent to you by your real name, your handle WILL be attached to it. If you're uncomfortable with that, feel free to stick with just using your handle. But I feel pretty confident in how this works, and I've never gotten any complaints about participants outing each other without consent.

Any questions, PM them here. Please do not send your PMs to me at my other handle. I’ll check in often to compile my list. Let’s get to Santa-ing!

Special note just to Moddy (and anyone else who tries to pull this): I DO NOT HAVE LAST YEAR'S PMs. If you do not send me your address, you will not be entered. Don't just post "I'm in!" in this thread and expect it to count. It doesn't.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

4. IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIIIIIIIIME OF THE YEEEEAAAAAAR.

I'm in and WILL send you my info! :)

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I'm in ... use my information from last year (which I resent) :)

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

One of the best things -- out of many -- to come of this site: Secret Santa!
    Love, love, love.
    Much thanks to Ms. Claus.

Merry Chrismakwanzika!

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

One of the best things about Secret Santa is that it brings Sxy back to the site for just a little bit. :)

8. [​IMG]

"You mean I'm not bringing Sxy back?" :(

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

The highlight of the holiday season? Absolutely!

10. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

I'm in. I've moved so will be sending an updated PM.

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I'm in and will try to find another chocolate babka. Will update my PM and resend it.

And this is my 1000th post for the second time this week! (The first 1000th post got deleted! :D )

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I want to join - but I sort of have a target on my back here and don't want to be outed.

Draft saved Draft deleted