1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Secret Santa, 2012 edition: CLOSED. Pairings sent.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Oct 27, 2012.

1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com Secret Santa, 2012 edition: ENTRIES CLOSE AT NOON TUESDAY. NO SECOND POOL

Dumb question, perhaps, but is there any way to be in as a giver only, not a getter? You know, like a designated giver :)

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com Secret Santa, 2012 edition: ENTRIES CLOSE AT NOON TUESDAY. NO SECOND POOL

Sure, if I can be the designated getter! :p

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Speed,

I suppose, if you feel like doing that ... if one of our givers bails or runs into issues and can't get something out, I'll let you know.

Thank you for the offer!!!

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

As long as you don't "give" anyone something similar to what stressedguy got. /crossthread

VB is in, if I am allowed in. I signed up, figuring you need at least one twisted soul with, what did Verse call me, oh yeah, disturbing. Based on the PM I sent SS, no one will want to draw me nor receive from me. So, there is a bit of Russian Santa Roulette in this year's drawing.

5. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

PM sent. Sadly, I think I live in a place with a lot less local flavor this year, unless people enjoy cactus-flavored everything.

6. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

God I hope you draw me. I mean IJAG. Crap. Whatever.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com Secret Santa, 2012 edition: CLOSED. Pairings to be sent tonight.

What?

8. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

All pairings have been sent. If you did NOT receive a PM from me, please let me know soonest.

We had one pair who drew each other, and everyone else is getting from someone different than the poster for whom they're shopping.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm so gonna spoil my victim ... er, giftee. :D

10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Excellent!

11. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Dammit, totally missed this. Between preparing for the hurricane to be coming, to dealing with that bitch, and then going to Vegas last weekend and getting back today, I was away from the site the whole time it was going on.

If there is any room for a late-comer, I'd love to participate again. It's a great time.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You can ask SpeedTchr to send you a little sumtin-sumtin. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted