1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Secret Santa, 2012 edition: CLOSED. Pairings sent.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Oct 27, 2012.

1. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Ho, Ho, Ho, Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Christmas (or whatever holiday you may or may not celebrate)! (It feels early, but I started this even earlier last year...holy hell.)

It’s that time of year again, the eighth annual SportsJournalists.com Secret Santa Shenanigans! Once again, I'm basically just copying and pasting last year's post.

The rules are simple: Send a PM to this handle with your name OR handle (whatever you feel comfortable with packages being addressed to, but please not both) and address you want the gift shipped to. Please also include a list of gift ideas or things you're interested in. The gift range is $15-20. You may go over that if you wish, but expect nothing more than $20 in return. You could be surprised, but don’t spend $30 and then get pissed that you got something for $16. Them’s the rules.

Oh, and anyone who enters without EXPLICIT statements that they simply cannot afford to ship to another country is eligible to draw one of our foreign posters. And vice versa, for those of you above the border or overseas.

I will close entries at noon ET on Nov. 6. I will draw names that afternoon, and everyone will know who they are shopping for that night. That gives you more than six weeks to buy something and put it in the mail. If you don’t think you can do that, please do not sign up as it is not fair to the others who participate.

Things do arise, I know. If something comes up and you will not be able to get a gift in the mail, PLEASE let me know ASAP so I can offer up a second giftee to anyone who wants one, or start shopping myself.

It really is that easy.

For example, you send me a PM that says:

There you go. Please give specific ideas on movies, books or CDs so you don’t get something you already have, and ALWAYS include clothing sizes. And be warned, for those of you who have not participated before, the PM to your Santa will include a quoted version of your PM to me, and will include your handle. For instance:

So if you want something sent to you by your real name, your handle WILL be attached to it. If you're uncomfortable with that, feel free to stick with just using your handle. But I feel pretty confident in how this works, and I've never gotten any complaints about participants outing each other without consent.

Any questions, PM them here. Please do not send your PMs to me at my other handle. I’ll check in often to compile my list. Let’s get to Santa-ing!

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com Secret Santa, 2012 edition

I'm in. PM on the way.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What he said... am looking forward to getting from Pilot and giving to Flip Wilson for the third time each! ;)

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If you want to take it over, slappy, I'm sure that Santa would be willing to let you.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

All I can say about Secret Santa is that the noob needs to put a beer under my tree.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

After my great SS last year...I need to step up my game!

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nah... in fact. Don't worry about it. Am out.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Conflict in the opening hours. Ah, that holiday feeling!

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That was quick ...

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

slappy must be cycling this week.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG]

Does "Secret" Santa imply that she has a penis below the crop line? Because I've played that game before.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

you've implied that you've had a penis?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted