1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Secret Santa, 2011 edition: SECOND POOL CLOSED!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Oct 27, 2011.

1. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Ho, Ho, Ho, Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Christmas (or whatever holiday you may or may not celebrate)! (It feels early, but I started this at this time last year...holy hell.)

It’s that time of year again, the seventh annual SportsJournalists.com Secret Santa Shenanigans! Once again, I'm basically just copying and pasting last year's post.

The rules are simple: Send a PM to this handle with your name OR handle (whatever you feel comfortable with packages being addressed to, but please not both) and address you want the gift shipped to. Please also include a list of gift ideas or things you're interested in. The gift range is $15-20. You may go over that if you wish, but expect nothing more than $20 in return. You could be surprised, but don’t spend $30 and then get pissed that you got something for $16. Them’s the rules.

Oh, and anyone who enters without EXPLICIT statements that they simply cannot afford to ship to another country is eligible to draw one of our foreign posters. And vice versa, for those of you above the border or overseas.

I will close entries at noon ET on Nov. 8. I will draw names that night, and everyone will know who they are shopping for by Nov. 9. That gives you more than six weeks to buy something and put it in the mail. If you don’t think you can do that, please do not sign up as it is not fair to the others who participate.

Things do arise, I know. If something comes up and you will not be able to get a gift in the mail, PLEASE let me know ASAP so I can offer up a second giftee to anyone that wants one, or start shopping myself.

It really is that easy.

For example, you send me a PM that says:

There you go. Please give specific ideas on movies, books or CDs so you don’t get something you already have, and ALWAYS include clothing sizes. And be warned, for those of you who have not participated before, the PM to your Santa will include a quoted version of your PM to me, and will include your handle. For instance:

So if you want something sent to you by your real name, your handle WILL be attached to it. If you're uncomfortable with that, feel free to stick with just using your handle. But I feel pretty confident in how this works, and I've never gotten any complaints about participants outing each other without consent.

Any questions, PM them here. Please do not send your PMs to me at my other handle. I’ll check in often to compile my list. Let’s get to Santa-ing!

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com Secret Santa, 2011 edition

Already? Holy crap!

:D

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I'm with you, IJAG... it's early this year... What's Santa thinking?

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

In.

And I'm sending leaves. Bitches love leaves.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I'm in.

Once I can get to a computer...

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

In. Once I can get to bydesign's computer

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Please don't let me be ColdCat's Secret Santa, I KNOW want he really wants for Christmas...and, well, I just won't go near that thing without a can of Lysol and a blowtorch.

8. poly90

poly90 New Member

Secret santa is not too soon are deers even ready!!!

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Last year it was Oct. 23-Nov. 4 and people still didn't get stuff in the mail on time. We are deadline folks. :)

10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

No way I let you near my computer, Slappy!

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I've done this several years now and can't tell you how great all my gifts have been. Wore the Georgia jersey last weekend and then explained to the family that owns my temp. residence how I came to own it. Yeah, they think we're weird in a good way, too. Packed to head home this weekend and got out last year's way-cool hoodie in preparation for the cold weekend.

So I'm way in. Papa needs a new hoodie.

12. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

I'm in. I hope I get slappy.

Draft saved Draft deleted