1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Secret Santa 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I wasn't "slagging" anyone on this board. In fact, I was complimenting you and this board for being quite efficient in the Secret Santa. I was pointing out it's not exactly efficient on other boards. Sorry if that didn't get communicated properly.

2. jps

jps Active Member

xan, got my second half today, as promised. (first part already had arrived long ago and I knew this would be late, so no worries at all). and you, my friend, are incredible. thank you so much -- little jps and I have already begun to go through what is, by several feet, the biggest book I've ever owned. it's beautiful and amazingly thoughtful. shoot me a pm with your address - she's already asking if she can send you a thank you note, and I told her most certainly yes.

3. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

old_tony's gift arrived today.

I know a second gift to Xan was shipped last week, with borders could take time.
    Still waiting to hear from mustangj17 if he received his or not, which was shipped for the THIRD time two weeks ago.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Maybe when all the snow melts I'll find a box under the shrubbery or something. But I don't know.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

IJAG, what rules do you think will be different next year?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm 99 percent sure that a tracking number will be mandatory. It's $.47 or whatever. And I'll need the tracking number as soon as it gets sent.

There's no good reason, our people's fault or the USPS, that I'm still trying to track down two gifts a month after Christmas.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Pretty sure tracking was offered free though Yahoo. But even then, 0.47 isn't a lot of money to tack on to something to make sure it isn't lost.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I mean for the people who actually buy gifts and wrap them and package them and send them off through USPS.

it might still get lost, but at least we'd know instead of just sitting here waiting for it to arrive.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Did he like his Obama T-shirt? :)

10. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Xan's has arrived!

A second gift to mustangj was mailed today. It should arrive early next week, assuming it doesn't get snakebitten again.

Then we can close the books!

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

And to all, a good night.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Now, put a spur in my brothers' asses -- neither of whom has sent me my present yet...

Draft saved Draft deleted