1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Secret Santa 2007

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SecretSanta, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SecretSanta

SecretSanta Member

Ho, Ho, Ho, Merrrrrrrrrrrrrrry Christmas (or whatever holiday you may or may not celebrate)!

It’s that time of year again, a little earlier than I had hoped, but I’m tired of PMs coming to my other handle. So here it is! The third annual SportsJournalists.com Secret Santa Shenanigans!

The rules are simple: Send a PM to this handle with your name/handle (whatever you feel comfortable with) and address you want the gift shipped to. Please also include a list of gift ideas or things your interested in. The gift range is $15-20. You may go over that if you wish, but expect nothing more than $20 in return. You could be surprised, but don’t spend $30 and then get pissed that you got something for $16. Them’s the rules.

I will close entries on Oct. 31. I will draw names in the week after that, and everyone will know who they are shopping for by Nov. 7. That gives you nearly seven weeks to buy something and put it in the mail. If you don’t think you can do that, please do not sign up as it is not fair to the others who participate.

Things do arise, I know. If something comes up and you will not be able to get a gift in the mail, PLEASE let me know ASAP so I can offer up a second giftee to anyone that wants one, or start shopping myself.

It really is that easy.

For example, you send me a PM that says:

IJAG
    1234 Nowhere Lane
    Podunkville, OH 48275

I like the Browns, the Indians, and kitschy T-shirts. Among the movies I’d like but do not own are Blah blah blah and blah blah blah. I also wouldn’t mind one of the following CDs: blah blah blah.

There you go. Please give specific ideas on movies, books or CDs so you don’t get something you already have.

Any questions, PM them here. I’ll check in often to compile my list. Let’s get to Santa-ing!

P.S. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD. I have asked the moderators and Webby to lock it and sticky it. Please do not reply. Only PM.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm in.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Who is this Secret Santa newbie? :)

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Didn't you guys read? You're not supposed to reply to this thread.

Oh. Uhhh ... oops.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

IJAG runs the Secret Santa. She signed up for another name so PMs from Secret Santas are in a separate inbox than the multitude of PMs she gets from all her hot boys on here ;)

Since it's not stickied, I say post away so it stays near the top.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I know what I want my Santa to get me: Pictures of IJAG and Flash making out.

7. sportschick

You're getting pictures of Stan and the squirrel and you like them!

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

That's hot!

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Can Canuckistan play?

11. Stop replying to this thread, dammit!!

Wait, shit.

12. sportschick

Flash did last year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.