1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com ratings going down?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Indeed it did. I had forgotten about those events, which actually led to pertinent discussion.

I just remember the first half of 2007 on this board as a long, cloudy blur of JDV-related arguments. Including a waste of one of the great Internet nerd names, Supershadow.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

That made me laugh.

I'm intrigued by the 'mysterious disappearance' phrasing. Does that mean foul play was involved? Do we have a site enforcer, an sj hit man? Should I lock my door right now?

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No hit man. But a woman who can make the whole site disappear with the flip of a light switch.

4. Law_Student

Law_Student New Member

Remember that one time somebody posted about Liza Minnelli's triple chin and the rest of her physical infirmities? Man oh man, it was JUST SO funny! I'm telling you, you had to be there!

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Exactly, you had to be here. And since you only have 11 posts, surely you weren't, right?

Grow up. Surely somewhere there's a message board that's more your speed...very very slow. Happy trails.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Agreed - addition by subtraction.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I just realized I've been hanging around this slice of purgatory for more than four years. What a loser.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know it's petty, but that made me laugh.

A few posters have made the point that both boards are poorer because of the split. There is no doubt about that, which is the part that bothers me, but there's not much to be done about it.

I miss some of the people who left, but I'm still glad this place is here. Just wanted to add my voice to those who have expressed their appreciation of Webby and the moderators for keeping it going.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You mean 11 months, right?

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

No.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Sure, pal.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

How the heck do you do that, anyway?? Welcome back (again). 8)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.