1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com ratings going down?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

This is not big business. We're not the next Big Lead. It was quite good in that some folks who were unhappy here found a place that better suited their needs and, as a result, the griping here went down. I assume they're just fine and happy in their new home. Things are easier here. How is that bad? This isn't a contest. No one is getting rich off a simple message board.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Our jobs board traffic is down, of course, though I'd love to have $5 for every "looking for unpaid bloggers" ad we've deleted.

3. Moderator1

Hey, it's a JOB!!

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I frequent both places. Neither is as fun as SJ was at it's height. But perhaps that is just the evolution if things. I am in an online fantasy baseball league with 24 guys who have met through playing the game. We have an outng every year to a different baseball stadium. Recently the Commish shut down our off-topic board because a couple guys got into it over something. That's with two dozen people who know each other.

I type this while watching Fox News and planning on attending the SportsJournalists.com outing.

5. Moderator1

Again, different ideas of fun. Which is fair and fine.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The funny thing is the reason a lot of those left was because they were supposedly being outed and treated unfairly (I've heard what they call Webby over there).

But they start their new board and are just as bad outing people over there, if not worse. They deny it all they want, but it happened (and I'm sure it still does). Fucking hypocrites.

7. Why are normally otherwise intelligent people taking the time to respond to Cousin Oliver?

8. Moderator1

Very good question

Let's please not turn this into a rant on the "other" board. I've been assured things are being handled on their end and I have no reason to doubt that. Thanks.

9. I miss Fenian Bastard

There - I said it.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

For the same reason otherwise intelligent people take time to respond to you. ;D

11. Moderator1

I think he's one of theirs. Have at it!

I do miss a few people here and there but new ones arrive and others return and life goes on.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ob-la-di Ob-la-da, liberals wingnuts bra. ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.