1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com ratings going down?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Another sock puppet in the land of angels. I thought the drop in posts signaled the end of this??

2. Zero is the interest I have for dealing with douchebags

Energy trying to respond to sock puppets is energy wasted.

Killing time is possibly the only acceptable excuse.

Excrement - when Law Student should suck out of my ass - long curly excrement.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I've got a Keurig of my own -- I put in the hallway for the neighbors.

But I sell and repair high end commercial espresso & coffee machines.

Check out this one:

[​IMG]

List price is $14,700. I get 50% off.

Specialty coffee is a growing business. Since I entered the biz, every McDonald's in America has added an espresso machine.

Colleges, hospitals, museums, corporate cafeterias all have expensive espresso machines. Sandwich shops, bakeries, restaurants all have or are adding them.

And the old school folks who only work on traditional machines don't know how to work on the new, superautomatic ones.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Your new nickname is Barely_Legal

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Where can I pick up one of those machines that makes the high-octane cappucinos at gas stations? Love that stuff.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think the board has been great for the whole run. When Lucas first started the motor at times there were only 5 or 6 posters and it was fun. It's ironic that many who have left arrived at SJ long after it was started. They must have liked what the original group developed to stop by in the first place. I believe much of the conflict stemmed from too many folks expecting the board to adapt to them rather than adapting to the ways of the board.

The famed national writers who left each pulled the plug at least 2 or 3 times with great fanfair ( Goodbye cruel SJ) before their final departure. Key reason each time was that their ego did not allow them to accept the fact that not everyone would agree with them or that their new employers frowned on SJ.

7. YankeeFan

What's your deal man?

The very thing you & your friends whine so much about is exactly what you're doing. Why?

I'm sorry you can't come here & suck Jones & jgmacg's dick anymore, but there's no reason for you to try to run off other posters.

8. YankeeFan

Most of the gas station ones use a powder and just add hot water.

You can find 'em on eBay. I bought one for my employee's kids for Christmas to make hot chocolate.

Got that one real cheap. Haven't found one as good lately, but if you really want one, PM me and I'll send you some links.

9. Hey "Law Student" - Buck had you pegged as more as a geophagist.

And we have all seen how clever you can be. I guess a person who wouldn't see how desperate it appears to leave the board in a snit only to try and come back to act somehow superior would also be a person willing to eat shit if it somehow ingratiated that person with wannabe's.

Do you still cry while you masturbate to Thank You For Being a Friend?

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Ooh, that song is hot.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sadly, I think THE highlight for many of us her ** I mean many of you here was the big dong guy. It's been all downhill since we deleted all that.

How 'bout we ignore L_S (did I say that!?!?) and continue what has been at times a good and informative and funny and even sometimes productive conversation?

My brother has a coffee machine that cost more than my car. It makes better coffee than my car, too. He just sent it out for repair. So if you have it YF, git the hell off line and get it back to him. I'll be up his way this weekend.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Seriously, what the fuck happened to you? A year ago you were the thrifty guy who walked into car dealerships or banks and pretended to want a car or an account just to drink their shitty free coffee. Now you're fucking drinking cappucinos. Why don't YOU nuke and go somewhere else so I can stay here in peace with my memories of the man you used to be??!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.