1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com phrases that have just got to go

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

"This sets up the rest of the season nicely" on TV show running threads. Haven't seen it lately, but there for a while, it was SOOOOOOOOO played out.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Mega Dittos?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No. It's a scientific descripton of a medical condition :D

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

So is dwarf, but I don't see you running to its defense. 8)

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You're cruel, my poolside partner...

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Or I might be Stan posting as sportschick. You never know ;)

Oh, and Zeke, I've got no problem with dwarf, provided it isn't applied to me. As long as nobody claims you have a butterflied penis, it shouldn't bother you :D

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You've heard him talk? :D

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No. Social skills, and ability to type anything worth spit, tend to diminish in my world these days.

Nice catch. :p :)

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

(SportsJournalists.com member) "has not been in my kitchen." It was funny when Cliff Clavin said it 20 years ago. Not even the least bit funny 20 thousand times it's mentioned here.

"This will not end well." Gee, thanks for contributing.

"Fetch me a beer, newbie." The only way you're getting that is by walking to the fridge and getting it yourself. Otherwise it's just condescending nonsense.

And the politically motivated personal attacks. From both ends. It really makes serious debate go no where at all.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'd also like to see a resurgence in the use of "dicksnort" as in, "Daysiders are dicksnorts."

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'll give you the ijag, byh, and spnited... but other than cockdian and rambo (a whole new subcategory of poor one-liners), you do have to admit boom is the worst speller on here and his typos are in flux, while the other three stay the same...

and I might add "it is what it is..."

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I admit nothing. As a general rule, you don't survive a five year relationship by worrying about spelling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.