1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Outing, er, GetTogether, Toronto, July 14-16

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Re: SportsJournalists.com Outing, Toronto, July 14-16

Thanks for the tip Soccer Dad, I'll check it out tonight...

Most of my going out experience in Toronto has always been limited to the Richmond/Adelaide area, and a couple of the summer joints on the Harbour. Looking forward to something different...

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com Outing, Toronto, July 14-16

The best "unknown" Toronto singer, in my opinion, is Molly Johnson. Her old band Alta Moda had a song out in the late '80s called "Julian" that just kills me everytime I hear it.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It may be jammed but try the Madison Pub up at Bloor and Spadina. Hugely popular with U of T students.

4. Re: SportsJournalists.com Outing, Toronto, July 14-16

I love the Maddy....went there last night and it was packed to the gills.

Just got back from Sunset Grille on the Beach....best breakfast in the city IMO...

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, I don't think Heloise Williams is from Toronto. I was just adding to Buck's sentiments about having a voice of God.

6. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Let me make sure I'm correct.

a) The legal drinking age in Ontario is 19.

b) The age of consent for females in Canada is 14.

See you in July.

(Don't shoot me over the latter, it's just a joke between myself and some members of the inaugural outing.)Maybe there's a 14-year-old streetwalker in Toronto?!?! :) There were lots of streetwalkers near a certain bar in Washington DC, right Moddy? Remember that outfit that one chick had on?

----

I'm in for Toronto. :)

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Count me in for Toronto, too.

So far it looks like the following from DC are in:
    * Me, of course -- provided my rental car needs are served
    * Moddy
    * IJAG
    * Sxy
    * Passy (based on what he said in another thread ... I guess he's come around?)
    * CradleRobber
    * Hustle (hopefully)

All we need is for BYH to show up and rag on us yunguns, and we'll be all set.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Canadian question: Is Tim Horton's named after the ex-Maple Leaf of the same name? (Got Total Hockey for Christmas, so my mind is on the ice right now.)

Canadian question No. 2: Will being deported from Canada in the early 90s preclude me from attending the outing? Oh, I've been to Canada since then, but I thought JR, Halfmiler, et al, might have some moral turpitude objections.

Canadian question No. 3: I need a new favorite hockey team, since previous faves the Whalers and Nordiques are long gone. Which Canadian team should I adopt? Hate to say it, but right now, I'm leaning towards the Habs because Montreal is an unbelievable city, or, should I wait for the Penguins to move to Winnipeg to possibly revive the Jets? Or, should I wait for the Canucks to realize the error of their bland, blue-uniform ways and return to their yellow-and-black jersey roots (sorry I'm American, I can't call them sweaters)?

9. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Bubbler,

See Keith Richard.

I say open the border and commence your community service.

YHS, etc

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I think I'd call it an out-didn't-fit. I certainly remember. Also remember the kid's great line: More hos on this block than in my entire county.

12. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

I strongly suggest the Oilers. Certain to break your heart but at least they do it in an entertaining way.

Draft saved Draft deleted