1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Outing, er, GetTogether, Toronto, July 14-16

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Re: SportsJournalists.com Outing, Toronto, July 14-16

I probably won't make it. A month before that, I'm flying cross country for a friend's wedding. But I'm posting because I'm curious as to what you need to cross the border. I take it you must need a passport with the new law by then?

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

All you need to cross the border are drugs, guns and explosives.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Oh, so I'm fine. I was worried I would need a passport. Whew.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I got deported from Canada once. Seriously. Forgot my I.D.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I'd love to go back to Toronto. I dunno if I have enough to swing plane fare.

Anyone from my neck of the woods want to carpool? :)

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That weekend was considered but a lot of people with kids couldn't make it and it's no good for Moddy.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

A passport is always preferable but if you don' have one you'll need proof of citizenship (birth certificate) and photo ID (driver's license).

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

In case you're thinking of driving to TO and have never done it, it's about a 8-9 hour drive from NYC, a 6 hour drive from Pittsburgh, 9 hours from Boston, 8 1/2 or so from Chicago, and of course, 15 minutes from Tahoe.

If you're definitely coming, or seriously planning to come, can you PM me asap. I need to get numbers for the hotel and baseball games. Also need to know whether you'll want a hotel room for Friday & Saturday or Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Maybe I can meet that girl on Degrassi who cut herself because her mom was a drunk and ended up dumping her manic-depressive boyfriend when she decided to stay in England after her summer internship ended. She seems nice.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

For the 20 somethings, we could arrange a tour of the real Degrassi street.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

If you're serious, I would consider quitting my job for this trip. Degrassi, AND Jonesy? No doubt.

12. Re: SportsJournalists.com Outing, Toronto, July 14-16

I went to Toronto last year. Saw the Jays-Red Sox (Jays swept). Stayed at a Days Inn next to the old Maple Leafs Garden. Was VERY convenient, as the subway was almost right outside the front door and that takes you right to the Skydome. Also, there are a couple of nice sports bars around the corner, and a bank right across the street, which is good for converting US cash to the Canada dollar.

And, at the hotel, a nice coffee hangout for the morning, and a small bar for after the games before heading to a sports bar. And that sport bar opens its front windows, ala a garage door, and does karaokee.

Draft saved Draft deleted