1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com old school: BYH & Bubs riff on MTV Classic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo, Aug 20, 2017.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Sorry. Kids' birthday party yesterday. I was fast asleep when you were on your third tub of ice cream.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Pistachio nuts.

Third bag of pistachios, dickhead.

(Really. That's what makes him post a reply longer than six words.)

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You should put on your really, really, really big boy pants and frequent the politics thread more often.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

INXS is a dead balls-on Veterans Committee pick for the R&R HOF in the next 10-15 years as the pickings of newly eligible candidates gets slim.

They've kind of dinged their prospects with their post-Hutchence floundering, but their prime decade is fully HOF caliber.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Thank you for this.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
  6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

It was the fourth one I ever saw. They were fucking great. I knew every word to every song. Still have the T-shirt somewhere at my Dad's. Doubt it fits.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

You guys going to do 120 Minutes tonight?

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

This was a blast from the past--a true homage to the old night crew and what us day timers would find in the morning, like presents under the Christmas tree, or really more like half empty bottles of beer on the tables and counter when we awoke.

Re: Alan Fitzgerald: he was the keyboard player for Sammy Hagar in his solo, pre-VH days, which explains the VH connection. As for being off stage, and the cap, he was afflicted with the rock and roll career killer in the 70s and 80s of baldness. No matter how much of a virtuoso you were in those days, a chrome dome was a one way ticket back to playing the bars. Another example is Gregg Philbin, bass player for REO in the 70s, who was replaced by the follicly gifted Bruce Hall late in the decade.

It wasn't til the late 80s and 90s when MJ made baldness hip, and guys like the dude from Midnight Oil and Sinead O'Connor could pull off baldness and not have it be a career ender.

As much as rock and roll is about the music, the hair is almost equally critical to long term success....

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Bless y'all for this.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Interesting note about hair. I'm trying to think of the most successful artist with bad hair/and those with the best hair in rock roll

Best: Elvis, Tina Turner, Robert Palmer,
    Worst hair: Bob Dylan, Axel Rose, Phil Collins

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

We needed a split-screen of you two watching this.
    Beej in his "8 Seconds to Paradise" T-Shirt.
    Beautiful.

Johnny Dangerously likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted