1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com old school: BYH & Bubs riff on MTV Classic

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo, Aug 20, 2017.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Remember when we live blogged an AT40? That was awesome. Like most sequels, this will not be that good, but there's '80s videos on MTV Classic until 3 so let's see what we have here.

The Pet Shop Boys covering "Always On My Mind." Someone did a lot of drugs conjuring this up, but it's oddly affecting.

Go Bubs!

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY!

3. Bubbler

I honestly don't think I've ever seen this video. And for good reason. That was pure ass.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

The hour began with the Go-Gos "Vacation." Mmmm Belinda. Then Force MD's w/"Tender Love." Like this post if you slow danced to that in junior high, I can't even like my own post.

5. Bubbler

I jumped in on Force MD's. Tender Love. Good song.

Also, it features non-threatening black people. Perfect for the Trump Generation who pine for those days.

6. Bubbler

MTV Classic goes at about a two-video-to-commercial ratio. They'd better show some good shit. BYH and I are old as fuck and don't need the aggravation.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

We're also old as fuck b/c it's no longer fun to make fun of these commercials for the maladies they offer to treat.

Stoney likes this.
  8. Bubbler

Oh shit. We're at peak level hair metal right now.

9. Bubbler

White Lion's "Wait". Sorry, fuck you, etc., etc., I'm out of practice.

Weren't these guys from Norway or something?

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

White Lion, "Wait." Look, nobody loves hair metal more than me, and White Lion had legit chops. But holy shit their singles did not do any favors to the genre's rep. They wrote a song about Greenpeace. Hard rockers! Writing songs about Greenpeace!

11. Bubbler

The 80s ... when filming in a white room full of windows was considered cutting edge.

I suppose it does accentuate the cock-hugging leather pants. Which is important for a band like White Lion who undoubtedly had more cock than talent. Or more talent in their cock, whatever.

12. Bubbler

Riddle me this drummers. What was the point of the big-ass gong or whatever it is that a lot of drummers from that era hung over their sets?

Draft saved Draft deleted