1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com New Year's Eve party running (drinking, slurring, stumbling) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Slow down on the crawfish pie JD.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Jambalaya -- with Slap Boudreaux's Creole Seasoning. And enough Turbo Dog for everyone, even if Fenian shows up.

Then, an hour before bedtime, beignets and cafe au lait from Cafe du Monde, and if you don't get powdered sugar all over yourself, you're not eating it correctly.

3. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

No freakin hockey viewing at your party! coffeeman, are you trying to piss off Canuck sjers? :D

Would you like me to provide the satellite feed?

Also, what's a party without Keith's beer?

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm the dude in the corner, sipping on a drink and scanning the bar.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

[​IMG]

6. Cansportschick

I figured you would be that person :-X

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You've met my family members at parties, huh? Well, I'm damn sorry about that.

Me? That guy? That ain't me. I'm just people watching; not being the sleazy dude.

8. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

Whatcha doin' in the corner, 'beat? I thought all the girls were into your Adam Graves sweater? At least the Canadians. ;D

I'll be a designated browser. I'm just glad the snow stopped so I can make it to the party! Though I must confess, being outside my normal time zone has me all confuzled.

I'm planning to bake some New Year's Eve dessert. I'll bring a couple o' batches to the party later.

9. Cansportschick

If he wore a Sakic sweater, it would be a different set of circumstances, but Graves, nada (although he was a great player)

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, it brings 'em in. Then I showcase my Sean Avery-esque personality and I spend another night, working on my wrist shot.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, if Classy Joe was a Ranger, I'd have his sweater. But Gravvy is my favorite athlete ever.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

So ... should I wear a blast from the past (Ron Francis) or the present (Cam Ward)?

I was going to wear football stuff, but after 7-9 that team did more to exasperate than exuberate.

Draft saved Draft deleted