1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com New Year's Eve party running (drinking, slurring, stumbling) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 31, 2007.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Now (when you clicked the link):
    Party starts. BYOB till noon EDT. :D

Midnight in your time zone:
    Official SportsJournalists.com ball drops (Webby got us a bowling ball with leftover Christmas lights wrapped around it. ??? WTF?)

Noon:
    Full bar --- coffee, cafe Cubano, espresso, beer, wine, jello shots, mixed drinks and tall frosty mugs of STFU are on the house for subscribers and full members (But tip your server and if you drink, please choose a designated browser to get yourself back home.)

Throughout the day, off and on:
    Music by Robert Greenidge (steel drum player for Jimmy Buffett's Coral Reefer Band) and the Caribbean Depot.com All-Stars.

2 p.m.:
    Buffet opens (prime rib, lobster tail, grilled shrimp, jambalaya, hamburgers, side dishes, desserts)
    Also, NBA matinee games will be shown on the smaller HDTVs in the Varsity Room.

4 p.m.:
    College football bowl games will be shown on the 52" plasma in the Varsity Room.

6 p.m.:
    Original cast of Seinfeld performs episode "The Contest" on the beachfront stage

10 p.m. till the bar runs dry: Otis Day & The Knights

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Buffet, baby! Even if all the alcohol I consume tonight is virtual (IRL health situation).

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well done 2mC - no coffee being served?

Peace be upon you and Happy New Year to all.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Point, Boom. ;D

But when I throw a party, I throw one helluva party.

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Hey, where the white women at?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Do you mind if we dance wif your dates?

7. 2Much's announcement that the keg is dry sparks some controversy.

[​IMG]

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I never saw Animal House, so I can't contribute to that part of the thread...I'll just come back for the prime rib and lobster.

Yum!

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good edit 2mC. Love that you are now serving Cubano Cafe. I'll bring a box of Cohiba'a . Can we smoke in the Varsity room

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Mine was from Blazing Saddles, which aired on AMC this morning. Now go get me a shitload of dimes.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

But if Otis Day and the Knights are playing, then you are quoting from the wrong movie...

Hey, are there any nearby hotels and enough cabs? I'd hate to go on an all-day bender and not have a fallout shelter -- especially if 2MCM is throwing the bash.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, never saw that either.

Draft saved Draft deleted