1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sj.com NCAA tourney bracket pool

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain_Kirk, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

2. Captain_Kirk

bump.

Let's just say participation thus far is oh, how might one say, a bit sparse. On the flip side, looks like I've got a 50% chance of winning at present. ;)

I'm sure a few of you out there might be taking the time to fill out a bracket and would like to join the fun.

Or maybe there's a mad rush coming and perhaps this group is simply the poster children of procrastination.

Or maybe I should have known better than to post this on a sports related website.

Maybe there's some other discussion groups where I'd be more likely to stir up more participation.

Maybe the ladies over at quilting and macrame.com. Maybe urbanshepherds.com. Or Gamblers Anonymous.

As Donald Sutherland said in Animal House, I'm expecting papers (brackets) from some of you....

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My yahoo handle includes my name.

With all of the outers, trolls and jackoffs here, why would I bother?

Not blaming you, but that's why I am not joining.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I had a hard time finding this -- isn't is usually posted in Anything Goes?

5. Captain_Kirk

yea, I thought about that and wasn't sure which board to put it on, so I ended up putting it in sports thinking that might get more exposure. Maybe should have done the reverse.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Hammers are in. Am I guaranteed third place or have more joined?

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'll join the fun tomorrow. Have to see who wins the 16 seed play-in game, so I can pick them to beat Villanova ... ;)

8. Captain_Kirk

Your odds of winning are now 11.1%. (we'll turn this into a math problem for the sj.com denizens).

Extra credit: if a plane carrying the University of Michigan basketball team leaves Ann Arbor at noon on Thursday, what time does it arrive in Indianapolis?

9. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Former member (longtime lurker) rejoining pretty much just to join the bracket for the fun of it. I haven't worked in journalism business for a while and I really don't care if people know my real name since I don't intend to post very much

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

The soon-to-be-busted "Groping is hopeless" bracket is in. Go Bulldogs!

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Let's Go Peay is here!

Draft saved Draft deleted