1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com loosers rejoice: Night Ranger puts out new album

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think Rick Springfield has a new album coming out as well.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I heard "Jessie's Girl" the other day on some online station. Still a damn fine record.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

These guys can't be far behind, can they?

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I think I've told this story before but good ole Rick played the Stampede a few years back and I got free tickets.

He has this funny thing about slamming a dozen long-stemmed roses against his guitar strings to make sound.

It was an incredible night of fromage. We stood in the back and mocked all these mid-40 women, screaming for Rick and loudly singing along with the songs.

Yeah, I knew all the songs but hell, I was 11 or 12 when most of his stuff came out. Affair of the Hearts rocks the shiznit!

Anyhow, during Jesse's Girl, Rick comes out to the edge of the platform (it was in a bar, certainly not a concert-hall stage of any kind) to receive love from his adoring cougarsfans and falls.

That's right. Falls. Off the stage, into a crowd of rabid women and cracks his head on the floor.

He managed to mumble his way through the rest of the song but then went to intermission. After about 10 or 15 minutes pass, some rather large fella comes out to the microphone to explain that the show was over, that Mr. Springfield could not continue the performance.

It was one of my more memorable music-related adventures.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Asia, Whitesnake, Night Ranger ... what's next, another Fixx album?

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Rick Springfield ALWAYS has a new album coming out. That is the difference between he and Night Ranger. He never went away.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The Fixx was solid 80s new wave. "One Thing Leads To Another", "Red Skies At Night"....

Great story, Flash. I saw David Wilcox (legendary Canuck blues-rock axe guy) so fucked up he tumbled off stage a few times.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So you're saying one thing leads to another?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I will fuck some shit up with you haters.

I'll be at Best Buy a week from today. And no, I cannot wait.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah!!! :D

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You can't lump the Fixx in with Asia, Whitesnake and Night Ranger.

Draft saved Draft deleted