1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sj.com. It's in your head

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Mar 9, 2009.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I can no longer listen to music without focusing on the bass line, thanks to a "best bass line" thread several years ago.

I saw an article on Liza Minelli the other day and immediately thought about 21's encounter with her on an airplane, when she (Liza with a Z, not 20 with a 1) apparently was in some sort of drug or alcohol-induced stupor.

My love of hot dogs has been diminished somewhat thanks to visions of those served in the Notre Dame press box.

SportsJournalists.com. It's in my head.
  2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I cannot withdraw money without thinking of dirty butt sex and the inevitable oral pleasure to follow.
  3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, and sometimes when someone tells me something, I think of how I can replace words to make it sound way different.
  4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

When I take a dump, I hope it's solid.
  6. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

Outing alert: micropolitan guy = d_b:

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

When I went to Vegas this weekend I couldn't get SportsJournalists.com out of my head.

I kept telling my friends things like "some people I know said to this, or go here."

They'd ask me who "these people" were and I told them message board friends. Now they think I am nuts.

Also, some quick observations from Sin City...

-What's up with the hispanic gentlemen card flippers? Do these guys have work permits? How does this happen? Someone please enlighten me.
    -Are there any hotter girls than the ones in Vegas? Man that places was full of rich people too. They may sound like they are hurting. It doesn't look it.
    -Better cab drivers in Vegas than anywhere I had been, better than Chicago, NY, Miami... etc.
    -The Wynn may be the nicest place I have entered. Made me feel poor.
    -Fremont St experience was an experience, the buffet reminded me of Vegas Vacation. Bad idea.
    -There are some dumb people in Vegas, one night I had to leave a table because some drunkards were staying on 13 and 14 consistently against a 10.
  8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Zombie, zombie
  9. dooley_womack1

10. micke77

micke77 Member

Mustangj17....nothing like Vegas....i got a friend who lives there and works at the Luxor. and the stories he is always telling me. the hot ladies and celebs that come out of the wood work, especially at big events.....
    a person can get in a lot of "trouble" there without even trying. ;)
  11. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

I had loads of fun on Fremont Street in Vegas with my tripmate and her posse.

There was a spray paint artist there the night we were there. Oh my God. He was fucking brilliant. He would spray paint these posters in a few minutes that looked like they were intricately hand painted for hours. There was a HUGE circle of people watching him work and several of the best creations would already have SOLD signs on them.

And for the straight ladies and gay men folk on here, you think the women are hot, there are some provably, demonstrably hot men there too. ;D
  12. dooley_womack1

I'm in the middle of a word association game with someone on Facebook. No, it's not 'tart.
Draft saved Draft deleted