1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com, I need your advice on good wedding video music ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Aug 7, 2011.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Howdy all,

So I shot a wedding yesterday (took over 4K photos) and am in the process of putting together a video slideshow for the happy couple. A lot of the key moments are going to be set to the tune of some of their favorite songs (Their first dance, for instance, was to "Say what you need to say" by John Mayer so the photos of that will be set to that song).

The rest, as they say, is up to me. So, as I do with every important thread topic, I turn to SportsJournalists.com for some suggestions.

What are some of the most romantic, timeless songs you personally love? What songs do you hear that just bring a tear to your eye?

I have a good idea what I'm going to be doing but I'd like to see what kind of songs you guys suggest to really make sure I knock this out of the park.

Thanks in advance for the feedback. (And, btw, funny songs are also appropriate for this particular couple but I'm looking primarily for songs that you would expect to find on a wedding video).

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I knew the bride when she used to rock and roll, Dave Edmunds.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

This Love, Pantera

5. Nutrocker by Emerson, Lake and Palmer

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Seasons in the Sun. Happiest, most positive song EVER!.

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

How old is this couple? Where are their musical tastes?

I went a little long with my list. Heres more than a few, most of them are country just a heads up

John Denver: Annies Song

Paul Brandt: I do

Randy Travis: Forever and ever, amen

Garth Brooks: The Dance -- although this version is by the guy who wrote the song, the youtubes doesn't allow actual Garth Brooks stuff on there

Elvis Presley: Can't help falling in love

Keith Urban: Without you
    http://www.youtube.com/user/keithurban?blend=1&ob=4

Keith Urban: SOmebody like you

Keith Urban: Making memories of us

Switchfoot: Your love is a song

Brad Paisley: We danced

Lifehouse: All in

David Grey: This year's love

Brad Paisley: Little Moments

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus: your my everything

Ryan adams desire:

Our Lady Peace: All you did was save my life

Michael Buble: Everything

Lonestar: Amazed

Johnny Cash: You are my sunshine

Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole: SOmewhere over the rainbow

Now because you said they had a sense of humour, if you have a bunch of reception photos or candids, this may work, assuming it wasn't a dry wedding:

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

My Love Is Like a Tire Iron, by Ted Nugent

Side 1 of Led Zeppelin IV

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Marc Cohn, True Companion
    Bob Seger, Real Love

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Josh Groban: Don't Give Up, You Raise Me Up, Si Volvieras A Mi,
    Michael Buble: Feelin' Good and Come Fly With Me (or, if they're a little more old school, use the Sinatra versions)
    When you get to the section with the groom and his buddies hanging out, cue Beth by Kiss.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh, how quickly they overlook Afternoon Delight...

12. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the advice guys. You're really giving me some good ideas.

A little background on the couple. The groom is in his early 30's and this is his second marriage after he got married young and found out that was a big mistake. The bride is in her mid 20's and, before this relationship, was involved in a bunch of crappy relationships.

Because of this, I opened the video with "Right here waiting" by Richard Marx. The first song is going to be the title card, a bunch of pictures of them as kids growing up and then pictures of them as a couple throughout their relationship. From there I'm going to go into pictures from the rehearsal walkthrough and the rehearsal dinner the night before.

I'm also splicing in some video I took of both of them in separate interviews I did the night before the wedding. I asked them a bunch of questions about their relationship, why they wanted to get married, what they love about their significant other, what they think the future is going to be, e.t.c. It's actually really, really sweet and I'm super pumped I came up with that idea during the rehearsal dinner.

I'll keep you up to date on the progress but, so far, it's pretty awesome. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted