1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sj.com gets runner-up as Best Non-Corporate Sports Web Site"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Dec 20, 2007.

1. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

sorry you're not a fan. Good to have you as a reader, though. But you can stop playing secretary for us ... we were off Kim K in November.

2. oh, really ... b/c we just got off your mother ...

3. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Good one. I'm consistently amazed by the venom directed at a tiny sports blog.
    A sports blog! A blog that talks about sports, discusses the media, chats about movies, and enjoys attractive women. That's enough to actually anger someone.

Oh well.

It's the holiday, guy. Cheer up.

4. What an A**hat...

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If you are going to curse, have the nutsack to fucking curse....asshat

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's not that I outright dislike your blog, TBL. I'd just prefer that all the sports writers out there sprinting to their labtops to be interviewed by you know what you stand for. You don't have ethics, you're a starfucker, you spread rumors about both Matt Leinart and Rick Reilly that you had not confirmed in any way, shape or form, then responded to my crticism by saying, "Hey, it's the internet! I just link stuff!" (Which was, of course, only a half truth since you posted the Leinart-has-other-baby-mommas item yourself.)

It's obvious a lot of us who you are, and that you used to walk among us. Which is fine. I'm all for you reinventing yourself. And when you started your blog, I enjoyed it very much. But the more I visited, the more you seemed to be drifting away from anythign journalism related and toward falling in love with posting pictures of teen poon and yammering about Megan Fox's vagina. I wondered not why your were popular (which was obvious: "Extra, extra! Get your teen poon right here!") but why in the hell were people continuing to grant you interviews.

So consider me an SportsJournalists.com public service. All the people who did email interviews with you previously get grandfathered in, and are absolved. But those who chose to sit down on the TheBigLead's couch from now on are endorsing your brand of ethics and journalism. I hope your blog continues to be successful. I truly do. And I hope no respectable sports writer returns your emails until you stop throwing poop against the walls and saying "Hey, it's the internet! Don't look at me!"

You don't get to have it both ways.

7. It wasn't venom. It was a movie quote. White Men Can't Jump. A sports movie. On a sports board. Thought someone would get it.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I have no idea what The Big Lead is. What is it?

9. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Can't mention women and movies and sports and sportswriters on the same blog? Well, that sucks.
    So we had an item early this week about Jon Saraceno losing his columnist job at USA Today. Now, he's going to write about the NBA.
    So that's like, irrelevant, because the day before we had a photo of Halle Berry?

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You have such a reading comprehension problem, I pity the school district that educated you.

Post all the pictures of sweaty ass you like. In fact, make millions of dollars. Please.

Don't don't float bullshit rumors about "I hear Matt Leinart has knocked up a couple women; a friend's friend told me" if you want to have enough credibility to interview people with actual standards.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If one of them was naked, I hope like hell it was Halle Berry.

12. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

Nah, no nudity. Nothing too risque.
    Unless you count that Isiah Thomas video.

Draft saved Draft deleted