1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com gathering in SF/Bay Area for MLB All Star Game hosted by JDV??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, Jul 7, 2007.

?

How many SJ'rs are coming to the MLB All Star Game?

1. Yes, I am coming

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Maybe, if JDV can round up enough hot women/rich guys

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  4. No, not this year

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Hmm, weird - I don't see it. I will need tix though.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

They change. I have a different one now, too.

3. John D. Villarreal

Uh, do you think I would really tell you - lol?

Come on man, not trying to be a jerk, but think about it.

And I am not going to go back & forth with you - you played your game & I am tired of it. So, if you want to keep imitating me & ripping off my lines (flattery after all) go for it!

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

SoCal Tour Stop!

War JDV!

Rack him!

5. markvid

markvid Guest

Ok, #1 - You just figured out NOW that the ASG is in SF? Please don't ever claim to be a journalist again.
    #2 - You say you are gonna host, but then you have hookups to clubs/parties. So, ok, is this you attempting to crash places or what?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You set him up like that, then dog him for putting the puck in the net?
    Come on, John. You know one of the primary rules of the board is never pass up the bunny.
    FH That was pretty funny...

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My cat's breath...

Awww, fuck it.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If no one takes him up on his offer, I am going to be so disappointed.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Whats the itinerary? Is the computer speaker going to be there?

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Where's the 'No, never' option.

11. John D. Villarreal

???

MV, I have TONS of business stuff going on right now and am seriously contemplating suing some folks on a deal (can't get too into it) along with starting up my fitness/training/sports agent? business, possibly competing again (etc., etc.) and trying to have some family time.

Suffice to say my world doesn't revolve around sporting events. I don't know where the SB is going to be this year or who is doing the Tour De France this year either. I kind of knew that the MLB AS Game might be here but it was so in the background. When the Barry voting thing happened I started paying a little more attention & figured, hmm...maybe it is here. There you go.

As far as claiming to be anything, no claim just fact. My resume/CV is totally accurate to the very best of my knowledge recollection (and has been checked by me & my team & vetted...uhh a lot with flying colors).

As far as me hosting & what that means. Again, see answer above. I am not all "geared" around the event yet (but I likely could jack in if needed to the normal things running around it). It simply means, hey I am in SF & it would be lame if the SJ VA came to town & I didn't show the guys (and SJ JDV female fan club) a great time.

Meaning, that I am flexible depending on what the crew wants to do (club hopping, sports stuff, workout, boating w/ the VA (although it would be midweek), etc.) - like whatever.

This is my town & I have a lot of hookups - but the sooner I know the better as I gotta work the phones/contacts.

So, that is what I mean.

12. John D. Villarreal

Yeah, but wouldn't surprise me 21. A lot of people online (esp anonymous ones) are just all talk & live in fantasy land.

Most of the SJ VA lives out of town &/or don't cover baseball or are "big time" and locked into what they have to do for the event.

The rest of SJ I think is scared to hang with the Villa as it might be too much for them. Often, a lot of men are very intimidated by being around beautiful women (perhaps you know what I am talking about here). So, easier to hit the rip cord & bail out then to have to step up.

So, in short the guys that are in the VA are all over it, but logistics may or may not work. The trash talkers/haters...well it speaks for itself, they can't hang.

That always baffled me as I would (for instance) be all over a great opportunity of any sort (like this for most) but a lot of people are not like that, they are not comfortable outside of their "power level." As I always say water/power rises to its own level & honestly, that is ok.

I would rather have a small fun elite SJ VA team to kick ass with then say 20-30 peeps 1/2 of which are going to bring the rest of us down.

That being said I still reiterate my open invitation to all willing to "get in the ring" with the VA for the MLB AS game/week.

John

JDV

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.