1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com gathering in SF/Bay Area for MLB All Star Game hosted by JDV??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John D. Villarreal, Jul 7, 2007.

?

How many SJ'rs are coming to the MLB All Star Game?

1. Yes, I am coming

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Maybe, if JDV can round up enough hot women/rich guys

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  4. No, not this year

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John D. Villarreal

John D. Villarreal New Member

Hey guys,

Sorry for the short notice, but since I have been buried in work & family fun it has just come to my attention that the All Star Game is in SF next week.

Thus, I wanted to get a count of who is coming to the big show & feel compelled to host some festivities & VA craziness.

I have to lock down my schedule & the days peeps will be out here. If anyone is in town now then tomorrow night (as I have all the hookups to clubs/parties) will definitely go off & we can roll from there.

Anyway, let me know as I can go either way, but if enough cool peeps/VA members are coming to town I will round up my "A team" & roll out the Villa carpet for ya!

Post who is coming & details & vote in the poll above as to your status so that I can have a running count to plan and such.

Allright, let me know!

JDV

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I'm soooooo there. Provably and demonstrably.

3. John D. Villarreal

Like for real - or are you just trying to get the first BS post in on another JDV thread?

4. Freelance Hack

It's hard for anyone else to get the first BS post on your threads since, well, you have to post first.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Does anyone else have the ad at the bottom that asks, "Sick of Hype and Lies?"?

6. John D. Villarreal

Yawn, alright well you have certainly ID'd the quality & nature of you post.

7. Freelance Hack

That's me. I'm all about the quality. Provable quality. Demonstrable quality.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

JDV, if I were out there, I would take you up on this in a heartbeat. But thanks for the invite.

9. John D. Villarreal

Uh, no - must have been just for you CU. Hey, if you think I am all BS why don't you come out & see for yourself. One night out with me will make anyone a believer.

Don't worry the SportsJournalists.com Villa Army will be rolling soon enough if not this event then another & you will get the reports of how the VA dooze it like a boss ;)

JDV

10. Freelance Hack

Will your boy Big Mac show up?

11. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

That wasn't a joke. There really was an ad at the bottom that asked that. Next to it was one for All-Star tickets.

12. John D. Villarreal

Sweet, now there is a smart man!

You are most welcome. I have tried to tell people JDV rarely gets bothered by the haters & never holds a grudge. He is all about kicking A and having fun & has an open door for all VA (and future VA members) & yes, membership CERTAINLY has its privileges as some will soon see :).

Yeah, this is way last minute. So, next time. Interestingly enough that you are in KC as I am real close to starting a fitness company up again & have some strong ins with La Russa & will be looking to work with some MLB'rs again. Thus, I may come your way soon enough.

Anyway, let's see what we can do for this one & then we will work on the next one Oz!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.