1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com favorite: And baby makes 20

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Barsuk, May 9, 2008.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

This is absolute gold. GOLD, I tells ya. ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, Michelle Duggar has been pregnant for the better part of the last 20 years. Golden retrievers everywhere are envious.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I don't think she got preggers that quick. The youngest baby is 9 months old and she's due with No. 18 on New Year's Day. That's roughly 9 months from now.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Are there any J names left without resorting to the Filipino list?

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/list/1/J

They can work their way through this. I really think her umbilical cord is just a bungee that kids take turns jumping out.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Bogus list.

Joba's not on it! :D

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Maybe by kid 22-23...

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Why make fun of these folks? Are they hurting you?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

First, it's news because there aren't too many families with 18 kids. That, in itself, makes them unique.

Second, people make fun of them because, it is a pretty difficult thing to do to be able to support 18 kids. Not only financially, but emotionally. There was another poster on here that said that the older kids basically raise the younger kids. That ain't right. If the parents cannot physically, emotionally and financially support the children, then they should not be having them. And people on here poke fun at them because it seems like they are not using very good judgement.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Oh, they're different. That makes it OK to make fun of them? And people here have the balls to question how people raise THEIR OWN children? My grandmother was one of 17 -- a fairly common stat back in those days. You think those children had to pitch in at home? Just because someone does things a little different than you, and you think it's unorthodox, or it doesn't meet the criteria you think it should, doesn't mean it's wrong.

And making jokes about the size of a woman's vagina after bearing children -- yeah, you boys stay classy. I'd expect that behavior out of Yawn, but not some of the posters above.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

From what I've read, Daddy Duggar got into real estate years and years ago. That corner of Arkansas is one of the fastest growing metro areas in the nation, so he's made out like a bandit. They've got the money to raise the kids.

Friends who work in Arkansas, however, tell stories about the Duggars coming around to newsrooms when the father was running for office. The mother would sit quietly and rarely look people in the eye. The kids had some song they'd break into, asking people to vote for their daddy. The word "creepy" was used by several people who saw it.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Damn you all... co-workers are wondering why I'm bouncing up and down in my chair, holding back laughter, with tears streaming down my face.

12. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I went to Jr.High and High school with twins that had 16 siblings, I'm still friends with the family to this day. I don't know why their parents had so many kids, IMO it's as simple as they love children. We grew up in the city....not "farm country" so it makes their situation even more unique. I brought my new born by the house a year ago......and "Mrs. Smith" offered, almost insisted I call her if we need a babysitter!

They are a great family, all of their kids are good people......and I don't think it's right for anyone to judge how many children a family chooses to have, as long as that family is able to support their children. I'm sure you're just as outspoken about the hundreds of thousands of women with 6 kids from 4 different fathers right?

Draft saved Draft deleted