1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com favorite: And baby makes 20

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Barsuk, May 9, 2008.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

SJ's favorite family, the Duggars, have done it again (pun intended), and baby No. 18 is on the way. ::)

http://www.newsweek.com/id/136148

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Good god, woman. It's a vagina, not an assembly line.
    That's just ridiculous, even if they do have enough money to take care of them all.
    Some of those kids (if not all of them) are getting cheated out of the parenting and attention they deserve.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have to know who his family's health insurance is through.

4. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Kids just slip out of her like a water slide.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

♫ Every sperm is sacred ... ♫

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's mean-spirited an unfair to mock this family for their very personal choices.

Have you ever thought they might need the children for forced labor, medical experiments or spare parts?

Until you have all the facts, lay off.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Saw them this morning on Today show. Honestly, I really admire whatever it is they're doing...they're not just having kids, they're raising them. Interesting to see how they all turn out as adults, but right now, they all look like nice kids.

But: the last baby was born 9 months ago, and now Mom is pregnant again. From a strictly hormonal standpoint, it seems almost miraculous that someone could conceive that quickly.

10. I saw them on on a show about a year ago. I think it's a shame what they're doing. The younger girls have to go to the older girls for help with anything. It's almost like they have to make an appointment to actually have time with their mom.

So, in summary, you have kids raising their younger siblings and younger kids being raised by their older siblings.

11. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I've got half a mind to believe it's some sort of twisted science experiment. That's easier for me to believe than a couple actually <i>wanting</i> to have 18 kids.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I agree with you, but it certainly takes two. Daddy's responsible for half this mess.

Draft saved Draft deleted