1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com fantasy hockey league?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Aug 25, 2006.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I assume that whoever started it last year will do so again this year. Please let me me know when you do. It was fun last year.

2. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I think Hockeybeat organized one league last year and there was another one started after that one filled up. I'm up for another go-round again.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Packers suck at hockey, too.

4. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Wasn't in the mix last year, but I am throwing my hat in the ring for next year. PM me when it begins.

5. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I signed us up for a 12 team Head-to-head yahoo league. I think I remembered most of the settings from last year. If HB or somebody else remembers all the details PM me and I'll update it.

It's a live draft temporarily set for Sept. 14 at 7 p.m. CDT (I picked it at random from the available times and dates). Once we get the teams locked in we can discuss the date further.

League name: SportsJournalists.compucks
    Password: webbyrules

My team is already in so there's 11 more for who ever is interested. Have at it!

6. ondeadline

Thanks for starting it up. When I try to set up, it wants the league number and not the name. Do you know what the number is?

7. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

My bad.

League number 14458, password webbyrules

8. ondeadline

The Stormin' Canes are in, hoping to improve on last year's third-place finish and loss in the tournament semifinals. Looks like there are nine slots left.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hey! The FuckabunchaDucks are in now, too. :D

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Defending champion TheCrosbyShow is back.

11. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

The SnapDragons are ready to roll.

Game on...

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Charmion Cockdian will beat you all!

Draft saved Draft deleted