1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com fantasy golf

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Dec 24, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Even for you, that's strange...

2. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Insufficient Applause is on board.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yes.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Although we should give a word of warning to the new people.

Don't miss a week. If you do, you are almost definitely screwed in terms of winning it all. The league is too good to take a zero week.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Word for fucking word.

Putting From The Rough back for another year of suckitude.

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

im going to give it a shot... danny's ditch diggers is in

7. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Alright thanks!

Bizzy Bizz just joined.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Don't get me wrong. It probably is possible to overcome missing a week.

But it is infinitely tougher if you do.

Bushwood Country Club is also in.

9. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Can anyone give me a quick lesson how this league works. I haven't been part of a Fantasy Golf league in about seven years.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Each week, you pick eight golfers and start four.

Two (one start) from the predetermined 'A' group. -- Which consists of stars, major winners, etc. (Think Tiger, Phil, et al.)

Four (two start) from the predetermined 'B' group. -- Usually the good but not great group. Nick Watney, Dustin Johnson, Hunter Mahan were mainstays in this group.

Two (one start) from the predetermined 'C' group. -- Grinders. Matt Kuchar and Justin Rose were the star plays in this group last year, but I doubt either will be in this group this year considering their success in '10.

You must pick your eight before Thursday at 5 a.m. (usually, unless it's a Wednesday start like the Bob Hope or a Friday start like the Deutsche Bank). Once your eight is set, you're free to maneuver your players within the group, but you only get the stats for the round your guy is 'starting.' Say you pick Tiger to start out of Group A on Thursday and he shoots 71. You change your mind and start Phil on Friday and he shoots 73 and Tiger shoots 68. You get Tiger's 71 and Phil's 73.

Season starts with the Tournament of Champions on Jan. 6 and runs through the Tour Championship. Silly season/post-Fed Ex Cup tournaments are not included.

11. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Thanks a lot Cosmo!!

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the hell out of this league last season. But that was when I could access fantasy sites at work. Now, I can't.

Happy With Par (which won one of the three "seasons" last year) will not be playing, unfortunately.

Ugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted