1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.Com Fantasy Golf League - Deadline is 3 pm EST THURSDAY

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rhody31, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I know this is really, really, really late but I thought the season started next weekend so as unofficial commish, I failed miserably.

If you'd like to sign up, it's free and it's fun.
    League ID: 4432
    Password: picklejuice

The Tourney of Champions doesn't start til late tomorrow. The deadline is 3:20 EST. I believe it's a public league so if you have a team you can sign up and join.

Sorry again for the last-second thing, hope we can get at least 10 or so teams this year!

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

God Save The Queen is in.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

In, but I've never played fantasy golf so bare with me.

How does scoring work?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  4. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

You pick eight players - 2 A, 4 B, 2 C and play 1 A, 2 B, 1 C - for each tournament. You can sub players who don't start at any point during the tourney. You can use a player 10 times throughout the season, so if you sub a guy in for Round 2 because one of your guys sucks, that counts against his season total.

It's 20 points for the best round of they day, 18 for second, 16 for third, so on and so forth. 20 point bonus for a win, 10 if you guy finishes second, 5 if he's third. You do not need to start a guy to earn the bonus points. Some tourney's I'll pick a guy I don't want to use because I'd prefer to save him for bigger tourneys (like Spieth) but if he's in contention for the final day, I'll throw him out there to earn those bonus points.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I'm in! I'll sign up tonight. :)

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Putting from the Rough, your 2011 champion, is in the clubhouse!

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

For newbies, from Yahoo

Scoring Details

A player can receive a maximum of 20 fantasy points in each round of a tournament. The player with the lowest real-life score in a round receives 20 points. Other players receive two fewer points for every stroke they finish behind the leader - i.e. a player one stroke back for the round receives 18 points, a player two strokes back gets 16. Players 10 or more strokes back receive zero points.

You receive the total points earned by all active players on your team in each round provided that they have not already been active in 10 tournaments (see Maximum Starts for more information).

Bonus points are awarded for players placing in the top three at each tournament. First place players earn 20 bonus points, second place 10 and third place 5. To earn bonus points for your team, a player must be active for at least one round of the tournament.

If a tournament round is officially canceled, no team will receive any points for that round. All other scoring rules stay the same. If a round is delayed or postponed, no points will be awarded until it is completed.

Scores and stats will be updated within a few hours after the completion of each round.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I did this in 2015, and after a few weeks of not realizing you could change players every week (D'oh!) I figured it out. It's fun to play.

When I have time tomorrow morning, the Persimmons Players will be back for 2017!

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

FINDGJAEDO is in for the first time in...a while.

10. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Two-time champ Mr. Golf is in. Thanks for setting this up. Always look forward to playing this.

11. spadjo martin

spadjo martin Member

3-jack-city, who has never won anything but the Screen Door Open, will be signing up shortly. I love the misery

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Just to warn you - it can be fun, but I feel that Yahoo golf is one of the most difficult fantasy games that I have ever played. And... there are some really good players here from the SJ community.

Draft saved Draft deleted