1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com discoveries

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dedo, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

I don't see anything new on the home page, but then again I am not a subscriber.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

They mean just sportsjournalists.com, I think. There are links and things there now, which are apparently blogs. I took them to mean there was a place for us to blog.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I have (or my mom has, to be exact) a brown tabby that looks like that, sans the mouse (which I thought was foam at first). He's 13 this summer, so I hope he hangs around for a few more years, because he's the first cat we've had to go from kitten to old age (my mom adopted him from a roommate of mine who didn't have the room to keep three kittens).

4. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

Oh, I see. Thanks. I clicked on one to read more, and I got to the site of a paper I'm registered with, but it's acting like I'm not. I've noticed that every time Mozilla Firefox updates, I have to re-enter my log-in and password to all these newspaper sites. It sucks.

5. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Things I have learned on SJ:

- Amy Waterhouse (Winehouse?) whatever her name is
    - Postsecrets.com
    - Fnord, Fucktard, cockdian, etc
    - Mozilla Firefox
    - Alison Stokke, or whatever her name is
    - Several basic HTML functions
    - Scoop vs Whitlock, SJ version
    - Got to know Whitlock (and others) though I wrote him (and them) for years
    before
    - Learned Conte has a tight Bentley

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there's more. Lots of good stuff.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The cat I had to have put to sleep a year ago was 21 or 22 (we're not sure). I"d imagine yours has a few more good years left.

7. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

My response to the intemperate eternal adolescents of SportsJournalists.com (Reply #374, final post on page 15):
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/42066/

Who'd you copy/steal that from?

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

According to my mom, he was acting a little sick a few days ago, sleeping in baskets and boxes and not eating when she put the food out (very rare for him). But he's back to normal, from what I've been told.

Had one cat who died at roughly 20 (she adopted us, and we didn't know how old she was when she did so). Two years later, we had a cat die from heart disease and lymphoma, and she wasn't even two yet.

9. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

That is just not right, a cat dying from heart disease and lymphoma and less than two years old. :(

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Plat: She was probably sick from the word go. My mom found her near where she works and brought her in. About nine months later she threw a clot in her saddle thrombus while I was visiting. I got her to the emergency vet in time to fix the clot, but she was diagnosed with cariomyopathy with a suspicion of lymphoma while there, given six months and lasted three. Eating popcorn chicken one night, dies of another clot within 24 hours. At least she still got to do some fun stuff even in her dying days, so there's that.

11. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

Oh, no. That was all mine. That one took some time.

If you look up some of my better/longer rants or more non-sports type posts, you'll see that's as much of what could be considered my normal 'voice' as most of the sports-oriented stuff that I write here. I really like that kind of academic-type (for lack of a better term) writing. It's just not very practical on a site like this, IMO, for a number of reasons. Not the least of which is that it takes more time and effort than I often want to expend when I'm not getting paid for it. :)

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Man, if you only knew.

Draft saved Draft deleted