1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com discoveries

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dedo, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

My first job

Endless ribbing

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Ew, Mickey's. I threw one of those bottles once, almost clocked my friend in the head.

3. chazp

chazp Active Member

I've learned the world is full of smartass sportswriters. It's very comforting, I was afraid I was the only one!

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

or something like it ... ;)

And also, figuring out what the hell Platyrhynchos means.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Being honest in a thread usually means getting only 5 or 6 posts.

Being Justin Blanchard on a thread is grounds for your own blog, reality TV show and a trip to rehab all in one!

I also covered college football games involving one of Walt Harris' many teams he's coached, but that if I ever see him again, I'll be damned if I don't call him by his true calling, Wlat!

I've also met a Jeopardy champion!

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

One more thing ...

The Associated Press must have an SportsJournalists.com account because there's always one thread each day devoted to something AP hasn't sent yet or screwed so-and-so's section up, etc.

What's AP's name on this board because perhaps posters could just PM them.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

If you go by this board's previous recommendations, er, warnings, you better hope it's not the New York sportsdesk AP contingent.

8. patchs

patchs Active Member

I mentioned this on the Cingular thread but that's buried, but if you're looking for a new cell phone plan, the $30 a month Sprint SERO plan has 500 minutes, 7 p.m. nights, free weekends, free unlimited text messaging, free unlimited Internet on your phone. $50 gets you 1,250 minutes and the other previously mentioned goodies.
    I got it last month and it is a great plan. Wicked has it I believe he likes it too.
    PM me if you want to learn more or to get it.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I second whoever said Yuengling, but I don't think it was from Hustle. I remember an entire thread in which many people were discussing it like it was the holy elixir, but 21 is the only one I remember for sure. I moved to the right coast, where I can purchase it, and it's rare for my fridge to not have a bottle or four in it.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I just discovered sj's new home page.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Me, too.

Whoa.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It is good, but I can't get the unlimited text messaging on my account.

I was told by a Sprint phone jockey I had to have 2,500 minutes? But you're the second person to tell me that wasn't the case, so I'm confused.

Draft saved Draft deleted