1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com discoveries

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dedo, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

PCLoadletter got me into the Kaiser Chiefs, who I listen to a lot at the gym now.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I take full credit for the Shure E2Cs... Talked them up to Moddy maybe 2 years ago and then again a few times on other threads.

off the top of my head, I am sure Boom, of all people has had an impact on my life... He deserves credit for everyone wearing Asics Gels Kayanos when they run (best thing anyone ever suggested to me)... And for everyone drinking Starbucks Ipanema Bourbon coffee.

3. The Drive By Truckers.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Oh yeah... I forgot. I am a registered Democrat because of Fenian.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'm in your veggies

hidin my pooz

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

:D

TSP turned me onto Butch Walker and I've in turn passed the love of Butch onto others, mostly non-posters.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

Dedo, your mention of the Weakerthans and Miller's Crossing brought tears to mine eyes.

Number one on my list has to be Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried (also nibbed by Double Down, possibly the most underrated contributor on the board, in a tie with jgmacg). I freaking love that book.

I also saw the live version of Fleetwood Mac's Silver Springs. (I think it was BYH who plugged that.)

And, of course, I discovered drunk Darling Joe on my bathroom floor in my hotel in Minneapolis, pretty much because of this place.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The movie "Hard Candy." Never heard of it before this site, never saw a trailer, never read a review. And I'm a movie buff.

Saw three or four people talk about how good it was, ran across it at Best Buy for $10 or $15 and picked it up.

Great, great movie.

Countless articles that I might never have read also belong on this list

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

The musical stylings of Gill Landry.

The mastery of the English language, as demonstrated by Jones.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

An appreciation of horse paintings, courtesy of Boom_70.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

--Ceiling Cat.
    --Haiku.
    --Keeping up with what the kids are thinking nowadays.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

ATM. Seriously, I had no idea.

Too many books to name.

The Dead Can Dance version of "Wind That Shakes the Barley" which is now in the top 25 of my Ipod. Thanks, writing irish!

Draft saved Draft deleted