1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Cover 5 League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Figured I'd start this and see how it goes. I think we have enough degenerate gamblers NFL fans here to make a go of it.
    Cover 5 is a pick'em game where you earn (or lose) points based on how far above or below the point spread you are. So, if you pick the Buccaneers at minus-4 against the Jets this week, and they win by 20, you get 16 points. If they lose by 10, you lose 14 points. You pick five games every week, and the person with the most points at the end of the season wins.
    Because of the point factor, no one is ever really out of it. One good or bad week by someone can swing the entire game.

The league is SJ Pick'em Experts.
    Here's the link to join: https://www.cover5.com/play.jsp#invites/2244045/5qh68klq8dl01bhada4kji320

It's free to join, but registration is required. You can use your SJ handle as your name when you register if you don't want to out yourself.
    Joining the league also requires commissioner approval, so please PM me or post here if you're in.

Draft saved Draft deleted