1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com college football pick'em

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Oz, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

As the 2004 champion, I figured it's close enough to the start of the season to get excited about college football, so I started up the annual pick'em contest on Yahoo!

League ID: 22284
    Password: jayhawks (I probably should have gone with Muck Fizzou here; so be it)

Anyone who wants to join, have at it. Action starts with 19 games next week, on Sept. 1.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Oz, I want to sign up for the league, but I don't know if I can bring myself to type "gayhawks"

:)

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm in as TheWilfordBrimleys

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

C'mon spup...you can come up with better than that ;)

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Bwhahahahahahaha ... never heard that one before! That's so clever, spup!

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Count me in. I'll join the league later.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yes because "muck fizzou" is SO clever.

Would you have preferred "Cock stalk Gayhawks?"

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Seems like "Muck Fizzou" has been copied by schools across the country ("Duck Fuke") to express how they feel about rivals. Clever enough to be emulated by others.

"Gayhawks" to me is simply a word used by homophobes who happen not to like KU.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

After winding up last season as league runner-up, Sylvester Croom's Optimism welcomes all challengers for 2007!
    I feel sort of like the Saints.
    I want to take it all this season!

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

As a Mizzou grad, I don't see either as too great. But it bothers me when people use gay jokes/connotations a middle schooler could come up with as an insult to other athletic teams. As a gay man, I find it offensive and correct people, be it from my school or another, who think they're clever by using them.

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I apologize then, diabeetus. Would hate to offend another Certain Idiots Allowed football leaguer.

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Why is there an option to allow the commish to edit your picks?

Draft saved Draft deleted