1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com Christmas Party:knock twice and come inside... (running Xmas thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It's 32 degrees in Tahoe right now with 15 to 28 inches of snow expected tonight and tomorrow.

So, if you're not already there, it will be tough to get there.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They didn't get there today? Dammit! They were supposed to. Grrrrr!

But yes, I'll come with cookies!

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sweet start, dudes and dudettes.

My daughter and her boyfriend came over, are staying overnight. I bought three pounds of giant shrimp and a pound of scallops, boiled them with bay leaves. They were the centerpiece of a buffet with sausage-stuffed rice balls, habanero cheddar cheese, pistachios and meat loaf slices. Dammmmmn good stuff.

Then we watched "Frost/Nixon." Now my daughter's boyfriend and I are watching Notre Dame.

It's not even so bad that I'm going to have to work at 4 tomorrow!

Merry Xmas, y'all!

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, I'm back. Had to go to church and suffer through SIL and SIL's mother... Am off to another party and if I get my Christmas wish, they won't be there at the same party long... and I'm taking the Gentleman Jack with me...
    Gritting my teeth through the whiskey...

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Cookies for everybody!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm watching football and my girlfriend is making one of her gourmet cakes in the kitchen. We had frozen pizzas for dinner and in the morning after exchanging gifts will travel to our respective home states for the weekend.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Just popping in to wish everyone a merry and a happy ... I'm leaving work, off to the homestead for some cocoa, the warm embrace of my loving wife and hopefully some pre-Christmas coitis. Dashing through the snow, indeed!

8. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Pumpkin pies fresh out of the oven. Now, I need to do a little experimenting to find out what flavor of alcohol goes best with them.

Merry Christmas, y'all. And if you're still at work ... get outta there already. F&$% waiting for the Notre Dame score.

9. Just found out a friend of mine had his house broken into yesterday -- only two days before Christmas. Thankfully they weren't home, but they made with his computer, guitars, family keepsakes, jewelry and almost all of their kids' Christmas presents. He's a preacher at a local church, and because of wonderful church members, most of the kids' presents were replaced.

Horrible, horrible people in this world. If y'all could throw some thoughts and prayers their way, I know they'd love it. Thanks.

(sorry to ruin the party)

Waffle House tomorrow!

10. KG

KG Active Member

Pressbox, It's terrible that thieves broke in to his house, but wonderful to know how great having a good church family can be.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Well, we just got finished watching "It's A Wonderful Life", CC watching it for the first time, and now we're onto "A Johnny Bravo Christmas".

I'm on my third Vesper, and she's been at the margerita's. Plus she got the Vinny Lecavalier jersey she's wanted for ever, so she's a really happy bunny right now.

Me, I got the first two season's of "The Venture Brothers" as my early present, so I'm doing great.

12. KG

KG Active Member

I'm saving It's a Wonderful Life for after my mom gets here tomorrow night. Having my parents here is a bit of a surprise, because I didn't think I'd get to see them until after Christmas.

Draft saved Draft deleted