1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sj.com census, Part Three. Gender & Marital Status

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Feb 8, 2008.

?

What's your gender and are you in a relationship?

1. Male, single

31 vote(s)
    29.8%
  2. Male, married/in long term relationship

57 vote(s)
    54.8%
  3. Male, other

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  4. Female, single

8 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Female, married/in long term relationship

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Female, other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Male or female, permanently celibate

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OK...I'm a decent-looking single man (see Little Man's picture for proof... :D )

Just turns out that I'm alone and the wine is making me feel like I definitely shouldn't be. Nothing on you, certainly, because I've seen your pic and seen your posts and agree that, were you truly interested in having someone there to cuddle, you SHOULD have them.

Fuckin' wine....can't get my thoughts together. Grrrr.

2. Your decision to stay home is by choice. What's that Chris Rock line - girls are offered dick all the time, when a guy is being nice to you he's offering you dick - It's harder for guys.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

WB...while that sentiment is certainly true, in many respects, I'm staying home tonight because I'm not sure that I'd have been the best of company had I gone out tonight.

And to be honest, I'm not much on the trying-to-pick-up-someone-at-a-bar-and-wake-up-the-next-morning-asking-myself-what-in-the-hell-were-you-thinking way of behaving.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Sheesh ... I'm funnin' and I get a drunken attempt to be serious ... dammit, what is this site coming to?

5. And who, at 36, wants to go out to bars looking for chicks anyway? I don't envy you there, Alley. That shit was rough enough when I was in my mid-20s. It's really no wonder I met most of my girlfriends and now my wife at work.

6. Maybe you should send Alley a picture ...

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

You'll have to forgive me Flash. Of all the female posters on this board (and there aren't enough, dammit), I probably like and respect you the most, even though we've had very little in the way of conversation.

I don't normally post in the evening or at night. But Little Man's at his grandmother's and I'm in a posting mood. Give me a few nights and I'll learn your posting styles....

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm still trying to figure out how any of these threads qualify as Sports or News.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Spoil sport.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

And if that damned football goes over my fence again, I'm keeping it!

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Don't tell anyone ... but I'm trying that internet thing now ... I hate clubs, pubs are too intimate a setting to just walk up and introduce yourself, and all my friends are married with married friends. I have no other recourse at this stage.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sorry folks...between a couple of weeks of emotion from losing a good friend in Ruthie and getting ready to teach my first "new" class at my job, I'm a little edgy, emotionally.

The plus side? Little Man is getting his first-ever library card tomorrow and we are both freaking pumped by the idea.

Man...what I wouldn't give for another Random Thoughts thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted