1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com cat people, I humbly ask for your advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Don't let it outdoors.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Just don't drag the cat from underneath a vehicle by its hind legs. Bad things, folks, bad things ...

----

Ducky,

That would be fun to see. I've recently seen cats react positively to catnip, but I dunno if I've ever seen a stoned cat. What do you feed it to cure the munchies?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My permanently scarred index finger (four scars, folks) and my $352 bill from the Kentucky Clinic hate you, Sam.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

It was a PSA, IJAG, not a slam on you. Unless you wanted that to happen to your board favorites ...

5. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Sam,

Usually he just sleeps it off...otherwise, he just has his typical dry food available unless I'm feeling rather nice and have deli-sliced turkey or ham in my fridge.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Tried to show the cat where I placed the kitty litter tray, and it unleashed a Muhammad Ali combination. Right now, it's sitting in a chair, watching a re-run of Hard Knocks.

7. imjustagirl

You pick the cat up.
    You set it in the litter.
    You walk away.

This is not complicated.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Change the litter box every three days. Four at the most.

Put dry food out all day. Give it one can of wet food in the morning.

9. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Unless the cat is accustomed to canned food, I would avoid that and stick to dry stuff. The canned stuff is disgusting and I got the heaves a few mornings feeding a since-deceased cat. The current cat prefers dried food, which is fine with me. Her favorite treats are:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3261+1902+9911&pcatid=9911

She likes the tuna flakes best and also the dried cod chunks. They also sell some dried liver chunks that she enjoys.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Ours graze on dry food but they pretty much demand wet food once a day. If we don't feed them in the morning they get cranky.

11. imjustagirl

My cats rarely, if ever, get wet food. If it's not used to it, it won't demand it.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Mine don't get wet food except on special occasions. They've never begged for it, although they did harass an ex-roommate for her tuna.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Sam has seen Stan when he's higher than a kite. No munchies from that one though.

Draft saved Draft deleted