1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.com amnesty, or, the dumbest thing you've ever posted here

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo, Nov 6, 2017.

1. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I have never -- ever -- tried to look up who people here might be. I never go through people's posts or otherwise try to connect dots. In short, I don't do any sleuthing, and I have a standing don't-ask, don't-tell policy regarding people and their identities here. If anyone knows who I am, it's not because I've ever told them, either on the board, or in PMs.

But, my gosh, TyWebb, for the first time, I'm actually kind of wanting to try to look you up:).

TyWebb likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm fairly certain it had something to do with Trump just running for the publicity and dropping out by the primaries.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My dumbest post was getting into it with people by claiming that Bonds was an OK left fielder. I wish I'd chosen a different hill to die on. I think that stunt forced LTL to make a formal apology on behalf of Giants fans.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Now would be a good time to dig through the old Sheep threads and see how dumb and weird some of us are.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

NO.

It took me some thinking (almost two years) to figure this out, but I think my participation in Sheep pushed a few people away from SJ.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Was actually thinking about some of my Sheep answers.

One year I was so far behind, I started looking for the most spectacular stupid 1-pointers I could find ... which defeated the purpose of the game. It was fun for this looser, though!

8. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

My first 1,000 posts or so with this handle in the 12 years before the addition of the Like button. The post-padding era really killed my LPP Ratio in this new world. Damn.

Fly likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I only get to pick one moment of stupidity? That's like asking a person who's 200 pounds overweight, "Was there one Double Whopper in particular that put you over the edge?"

ICanRowCanoe? likes this.
  11. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I regret saying Katie Nolan can only attribute her career to parading her tits around. It was a drunken post that to some people made me seem like a misogynist, and I spent too many subsequent posts either addressing it directly or obliquely.

12. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Nice apology. The world is getting better as we all show each other greater respect.

Draft saved Draft deleted