1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sj.com alum now has a nationally syndicated radio show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with most sports talk radio hosts, other than a basic lack of sports knowledge.

Ace likes this.
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He got ripped here constantly. As far as I can remember, he took the high road each time.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

What exactly does it mean to be nationally syndicated on Internet radio? I thought that was called a bookmark.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Good point - he's part of the Yahoo family. I assumed that there were terrestrial radio stations. I can't seem to find any.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It is also a profession where it's easy to fail upward.
    And where there's plenty of job security- even if you suck.
    Talk radio is a perfect rest home for a mediocrity like McIntyre.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not just sports talk shows, nearly any talk show, except for really local shows.

Sometimes I would listen to Hannity, mostly for mocking purposes. He had the same guests on literally every week. Even if they're talking from the same viewpoint, wouldn't they want different people saying it instead of the same people over and over again?

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

In a related note, after weeks of ignoring the babblings of the homeless schizo near the local bus stop, I paid attention today and realized it was Picklejuice.

His "shoulda-been-a-Plain-Dealer-reporter" rantings are available from 9-10 a.m. weekdays at the 18 shuttle stop.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Penis regrowth...
    I got that going for me...which is nice [/crossthread]

Draft saved Draft deleted