1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

sj.com alum now has a nationally syndicated radio show

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Mar 18, 2015.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I noticed that sj.com alum Jason McIntyre, aka The Big Lead, now has a nationally syndicated radio show on yahoo radio - as well as his popular blog.

For newbies, TheBigLead used to spend a lot of time at our little bar... and was crucified, and mocked unmercifully. Much of it was justified - a recent thread resurfaced about the NCAA tournament, and he could write some real headscratchers... But man, he was just killed by journalists here.

He goes on to start one of the country's biggest sports blogs, and now has a national radio show... while people here plod on.

For you Simpsons fans, his story is somewhat reminiscent of the Frank Grimes episode. Grimey came up the hard way, by his bootstraps, and watches Homer Simpson fumble his way to success... nice house, beautiful wife, lobsters for dinner - hell, Homer even won the model power plant competition.

It drove Grimes (the sj.com hoi polloi) crazy.

[​IMG]

Jeff likes this.
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He has some scorching hot takes.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Good for him. I enjoy reading The Big Lead and follow him on Twitter. I don't know how often he is right/wrong in what he writes, but his site is successful and enjoyable. Shows what you can accomplish when you set your mind and effort to it. I do remember all the mockery and probably joined in on it sometimes. He wins in the end.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the thread where everyone was accused of being a jealous hater of the Florida State beat writer.

What makes you so sure this is a gathering of failures eating Jason McIntyre's dust?

5. poindexter

He never bugged me. But he really is the American success story.

6. poindexter

I am generalizing. I understand that this isn't a gathering of losers.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Grimes episode is an absolute classic. Pretty dark, but very funny.

8. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Good guy. Always liked him.

He was ahead of the curve and he made a lot of money as a result.

9. Humungus

Humungus Member

I'm trying to imagine a life in which ending up sports talk radio host is considered a "win."

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

It had to be posted. :)

JayFarrar, Double Down, Jeff and 2 others like this.
  11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Excellent.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I was really hoping this was about Copperpot.

dooley_womack1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted