1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.COM All-purpose dating thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Jul 24, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, obviously if you've been out with her a handful of times and she turns her head when you try to kiss her, you should try palming her tits and if she doesn't like it, too bad!

Frigid bitches.

2. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Hey, worth a shot, right? :D

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

And geez, get a manly movie for the occasion. That way if she storms out, you're not stuck watching Matthau and Lemmon or something even worse. You can watch shit blowing up and/or female frontal nudity.....you know, the good stuff! :)

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Nah...not the full palming tits route IJAG. But being more assertive. Making the kiss count and your feelings very clear.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

From what RHCP has described, he has already made his feelings quite clear.

So has she, if you ask me.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Her actions speak louder than her words.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yes, exactly.

It would be nice if she'd come clean and say, "Sorry, I'm just not into this."

Maybe she's not doing that because then she wouldn't have her safety net/backburner plan/whatever.

At any rate, why people can't simply be honest and upfront with others will forever be a mystery to me.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

People feel the need to be nice, or at least appear to be so. Better to be polite and ambiguous than abrasive and up-front with people.

9. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

She's spent a little time at his place, and several evenings with him in bars.

She likes him, but doesn't liiike him. Yet, after a few drinks, she's OK with some making out. Why is that surprising?

10. As much as it sucks to hear everyone elses opinion on this one, it's what I've been thinking myself and I guess I just needed to hear it from someone else, or in this case a half-dozen people. It just sucks because I have put a lot of time and effort into what I thought we were building together only to see it come to a halt like it has.

And for the record, for me, spending time with her has never been about advancing sexually or making out or whatever. It's been about being with someone who understands me, who has the same kind of dry, sarcastic sense of humor that I do. It's always been about the company. I love just sitting and talking with her or watching movies, no matter how good or bad. I always saw a future with the way we clicked, like it had potential to be something real, and I didn't want to rush things along. Guess maybe I was just fooling myself.

Anyway, I think I'm going to take the suggestion of giving it one last shot and just asking her what she wants and what she's looking for out of our time together. I'd rather know she doesn't want to be with me than to be constantly sitting here wondering what's going on.

Thanks for the input everybody.

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

It's also possible, and preferable, to be polite and up-front. You can have it both ways.

Good luck, RHCP. You have nothing to lose by giving it that one last shot.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Really? Damn. Why does no one tell me these things?

Draft saved Draft deleted