1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SJ.COM All-purpose dating thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Jul 24, 2008.

1. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I think that's my first sig quote. :) Although I was enjoying your HD yule log moment, Cadet, even if it isn't quite Halloween.

And with that, I'm off to bed ... tomorrow's full of work, workout and something about endless shrimp. Er, a date. Yeah, date.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Hope the date goes well.

3. Cadet

Cadet Guest

We'll need a full report.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

ducky, want me to be your designated dialer to clear you if you need to escape? :D

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Offering some belated advice to Prepper - Be prepared for the girl to be, uh, a little nutty. Do they identify each other as their "best friend"? From my past dating experience, I can't imagine any of my ex-GF's best friends being interested in me after we broke up. Yeah, it's for them to hash out, but you do have to consider the mindset of the girl who knows her best friend just broke up with you, and then feels it's OK to pursue a relationship with you.

That being said, kudos for sticking it out with someone who is 20 when you're 26. I'm 25 and just got out of a couple dates, couple make-outs with a girl who was 21 and still in college. I'm looking more for a long-term relationship, and while I thought she was too, it became clear after a couple dates that she just wanted cuddling and sex and no commitment. I had told her upfront that I don't have sex outside of a relationship, but I don't think she really believed me. The whole thing was kind of weird.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Yeah...just pretty much assume that she already cleared it with your ex. I tend to be as overly-insanely cautious as the next guy and even I don't see anything to worry about here.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Great. All the girls on the board liken me to Kevin from the Office.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Anyway, next date I go on, I'm going to make sure I create a ton of sexual tension. Maybe I'll lick her face during dinner.

Where's the blue font when I need it?

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can think of a few ways it could be trouble, but that is all dating. I say go for it, but tread lightly at first, if that makes any sense.

10. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I'm sure you and your hand are very happy together.

11. slytiger

slytiger Member

12. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Just stop, sly. You've said enough.

Draft saved Draft deleted